Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 76 of 81 FirstFirst ... 26667475767778 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,900 of 2017

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: FS One by Hangar 9

ORIGINAL: clp.eng

I need a sim bad - just don't know which one now. The RF G4 demo is keyboard only - couldn't tell a thing, Phoenix was videos only so couldn't see how the control was, & Clearview was OK but I had to calibrate my controller every time I started it but at least I got to try it.
    clp.eng

Check this comparison chart and make a decision:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6856683/tm.htm

FMS is free, and there are commercial cables-connectors that work with any transmitter you have.

Regards!
    Lnewqban - "God will not look you over for medals, degrees or diplomas, but for scars. He has achieved success who has worked well, laughed often, and loved much." - Elbert Hubbard

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i rate the ones i have had 1st) FS One 2rd)FMS 3rd)Reflex XTR 4th) RealFlight G4.

if FS one had downloads or a program to make your own craft it would sell a lot more copy's. i will just say that one of the reasons RF is in 4th place is because the graphics just don't look real. they just look like a old nintendo game.
    MORE THAN 20 RC CARS AT THE MOMENT. BUT IM CUTTING DOWN HONEST. LOL

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I asked about the graphics on G4/G4.5 at knifeegdge (the programmers) and they basically the told me to spend a few grand on a computer and graphics card. I sold my G4 soon after.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The main thing that really bugs me is the RESOLUTION OF THE COLLECTIVE STICK when I'm flying helis!!!

This is really frustrating, say I'm trying to hover... The heli is ASCENDING at about 2-3mph, I add a tick of downward collective... nothing happens... I add another tick... still nothing.... another tiny increment... NOW THE HELI IS DESCENDING at 2-3mph...

It ends up with the heli bobbing up and down between about 5 feet while hovering, making it impossible to perform spot landings, and figure 8s... or anything else with accuracy.

This actually makes it impossible to maintain a head-high hover, or maintain altitude when out of the ground effect.

I tried using the throttle dial to hover... SAME PROBLEM, I tried using the trim slider to hover... 3 ticks of trim, nothing happens, one more and WOW a big response...

I'm going to switch sims, this is a fatal flaw I tried to hook up my dx6i but it wouldn't work.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

PENGUINBLASTER!!!
    The condition you describe is fairly easily correctable. before you switch software programs would you like to adjust what you have to make that work. I'll look at my program and see which setting you need to change and get back to you. And by the way, you don't need to use any other transmitter to make it work. This is a user adjustable setting in FSOne.

I'll find it and get back to you.
    Scott

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Penguinblastter!!!
    You didn't mention which heli you were flying... in case it's the trex 450 here's a link to follow that will provide directions on how to make the trex fly less like it's on crack.
    http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_84...tm.htm#8473722

Maybe you can reply with which heli you are flying and I can give more specific results... in the meantime, try changing the expo on the transmitter settings on the collective channel to 25% or more. (follow the link above for instructions on how to get into the transmitter edit settings. when you have the transmitter edit window open, increase and then decrease the collective stick to see which channel is the collective and then edit the expo... note that the expo setting is different in each flight mode. to change flight mode, flip the switch on the transmitter.)

Please let us know your results and which heli.
    Thanks, goodluck
    Scott

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Gees, fella's, I guess I woke up the dead! Thank you all for the info & responses.

I decided to buy FS One with the Mode 2 controller in the end. This was based on several factors - the available models, price, my old computer! I have a copy of FMS but only have a 4 ch Tx to run on it so it was limited. It did work well with the airplane I eventually bought!

After checking 7 websites & 2 lhs' I finally found a copy. The guy at the lhs said he thought that FS Two might be coming out around Xmas & figured it would be back to 200 bucks again. PURE HEARSAY! Not facts!

Any way, it's loaded, with the updates & the Hangar Pack 1. It works pretty well on my computer (somewhere between minimum & recommended specs). I fly (read that hover tail in & trying to hover side in!) an EXI 450 (similar to TRex 450 SE V2 & I'm hoping close to the Trex that came with the pack). I also fly the small Parkzone J3 BL Cub. I'm hoping one of the aeros will be close or scalable.

I just tried the TRex & It was a bit overcontrolled, any slight stick movement sent it off! I will look at setting the expo (Thanks, Scott) & follow that link.

To offset the lack of realism (in any sim) I also purchased the Blade msR to practice the orientations in the house this winter. So between the two I should be ready to do some "real" flying outside next spring!

I'm glad to hear you guys are still around as I'm sure I'll have some questions. There is a lot of stuff in this program.

Have a good weekend!

Chuck
    It's always something...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Chuck,
    I think you'll find that all the participants are still hanging around in this forum.
    Woke up the dead?!! [sm=75_75.gif] It's been a while but I guess we're all still watching and hopefully waiting for action.

Enjoy your purchase, download the upgrades and your latest drivers and you'll be good to go.

Dave

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey guys!

I've been kinda' busy crashing & trying to fix my real heli but finally got time to use it some. However, every time I start it up I have to re-calibrate the Tx (Tac-Con). This is true for both the Trex & Cub J3.

Am I missing something? It's very annoying to have to do this....

The Cub flies almost like my real one, it will help.

I've only done part of the Trex changes (the last one first). That tamed it pretty good, almost flies like the EXI 450.

Any idea about the cal thing would be appreciated.

Chuck
    It's always something...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It has been a while since I've had this issue with my software, however I think there are two suggestions: 1) make sure you have the latest download of the software. Patches here: http://www.fsone.com/Downloads/Default.aspx
    And if you've already done that, then the only comment/suggestion I have is that you're not following the procedure of the calibration. Most often users think they are doing the calibration right, but skip the last step. Be sure to do each part of the calibration completely. (I don't mean to take anything away from your following the directions, but this is a common error)
    Here's a handy reference for answers to questions that have come up in the past.
    http://www.inertiasoft.com/fsonefaq/index.html
    If neither of these solve the problems, than a call to horizon hobby's support will need to be done.
    Best
    Scott

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Scott.

Sorry I didn't respond sooner but I told the forum to notify me for a reply & I never got one! Since I know this forum isn't very active any more I don't check it regularly.

I have the latest updates (1.1). I believe I followed the instructions (I'm one of those that actually read the manual - I was sorely disappointed there wasn't one w/ this software!).

But being a frail human being subject to mistakes, I will try again & really concentrate on the instructions. I remember you saying this before in the early part of this forum so I thought I was. But hey...

Thanks for the response. I'm going to go try right it again now!

Chuck
    It's always something...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

call my crazy but why dont they release a add on CD with all the newer parkzone E-flite hobbyzone planes. it would sell very well
    MORE THAN 20 RC CARS AT THE MOMENT. BUT IM CUTTING DOWN HONEST. LOL

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: turok007

call my crazy but why dont they release a add on CD with all the newer parkzone E-flite hobbyzone planes. it would sell very well
    This has been discussed so many times. The only conclusion ever reached is "yep it's very strange". They have such a technically sound and impressive product (not to mention a great platform for promoting new ARF's) and they just ditch it all of a sudden.

But I still use FSOne as my primary sim for fixed wing practicing/warming up. Just love it.

Fingers still crossed for at least a aircraft's add-on at some point...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey guy's in need of some help here i got FS one when i had a futaba 8U, now i have upgraded to the 10CAG.
    For some reason the USB interface will not respond, as i dont know why because the 10CAG's back micro plug gives out a PPM signal which the sim understands.
    Any help would be great as i have not been able to get through to product support.
    Thanks
    corey

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi guys i am in need of some help as i can not get my sim to work now. I had it working great with my old Futaba 8U and now i have upgraded to the new 10CAG it has not been
    working with the sim.I keep geting the USB interface ERROR like it is not picking up the signal from the transmiter. I don't see any reason as why it would not work as the Sim reads PPM and thats what the 10CAG gives out of the back of micro plug.
    Any help would be great as i have not been able to get through to product support.
    Thanks
    corey

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Corey,
    1. transmitter is on right
    2. transmitter is in airplane mode?
    3. do you have any other trasmitter to test the cable connection with (do you still have the 8u)
    4. I have never laid eyes on a 10cag, when did it come out? If it's a new transmitter FSOne might not suppor it

Not very helpful on this am I.

Scott

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

every thing was set right
    i do not have the 8U anymore but it worked perfect.
    the 10CAG IN LIKE THE 10CAP but the CAG is integrated insted of having a moduel that is removable in the back
    the program might not be combatible, once i got through after waiting 45 min for support they had no idea what
    could be wrong.
    personaly i have had so many problems with it. it is a great sim though once you get it working right,
    though im tired of the hassle so im just going to get the new Real Flight Basic as they are always coming out with new planes and helis
    um like H9 they have only come out with one hanger pack and now i feel that they are not doing any more develpment in the simulator biusness.
    thanks though
    corey

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Scott,

Just for future reference: I tried everything you mentioned including giving up & calling tech support. We went over a bunch of S/W stuff but no luck. For a lark we tried one last thing, wiggled the throttle trim lever - problem solved - flaky throttle pot! I haven't decided to send the Tx back or not yet but they gave me that option. It works almost all the time now.

Thanks again for all the good stuff here - especially the TRex fixes - flies (OK hovers - I don't fly YET) almost like my EXI 450 now! I hope to learn a lot this winter.

Chuck
    It's always something...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Good morning Chuck,
    Glad things are working out. If they offered to repair the transmitter on them, I'd strongly recommend it. Otherwise each time you pick up the transmitter and the throttle doesn't work as it should you'll get a little ticked and eventually you know what will happen, it'll break and then they'll say it's out of warranty / whatever...
    Glad you like the settings for the trex.
    All the best
    Scott

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well I think we just got the answer!

See iHobby.

Chuck
    It's always something...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The answer is "out of stock"?????????? so how does that work as an answer?
    Good flying wit ya today

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: clp.eng

Well I think we just got the answer!

See iHobby.

Chuck
    Interesting. I have Phoenix and it's nothing less than an awesome heli sim, but the fixed wing side of it doesn't compare to fsone (it's especially evident in slow flight/landing regime). I wonder if HH took special care to tweak the fixed wing models that they have as their "exclusive" content in it.

They still appear to have fsone in stock (just the version with mode 2 controller included out of stock).

ed: I hope this means the Phoenix team will have access to fsone's fixed-wing sim code. That would be perfect. But like I said Phoenix's heli simulation is already awesome (they can leave fsone code out of the heli side of it).

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I wonder than; what does this mean in regards to FSOne Support. Are we out of luck, or will HH continue to assist us?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

We're probably SOL. I would imagine that with the new sim they will be throwing all their eggs into this new basket. Which, for those of us who will break down and buy it, the heli sim will probably be superior to FSOne. However, the thing that I think really blows, is that it doesn't look like it will have the ability to utilize the wireless receiver that I use with FSOne and my Dx6i. We'll have to use the bundled controller which is the Dx5e. Too bad HH keeps screwing their customers over. I think they should make it compatible with the current wireless (since its made by Spektrum) and sell a version with no controller for $49 less. But I'm only the guy who wants to buy the product, so what do I know.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well they will have a version without a controller. Better check the price! I saw it listed on their website.

Page 76 of 81 FirstFirst ... 26667475767778 ... LastLast