Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

FS One by Hangar 9

Old 10-29-2009, 06:09 AM
chevypower1930

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FS One by Hangar 9

Hey everyone got a problem.... had fs one for about 2 years now and just downloaded it on new laptop... running great (the same laptop as my old one but old ones broken)

I downloaded all the patches and now when I click on helicopters in the aircraft menu, the airplanes are still there and when I click on an airplane it says no image available and it's just like the helicopters are NOT there....

is there anyway to start out from scratch?? or fix this? Thanks yall
Old 10-29-2009, 06:34 AM
sctholson

Hi Adam,
your message is a bit confusing, but as I understand it, all the aircraft (both airplanes and helicopters) are listed correctly in the menu, but when you click on one (either airplane or helicopter) FSOne alerts you to a message that the image is not available. Is that correct?

Prior to the missing image info you mentioned that you installed onto a different laptop and it ran fine. Did this problem exist after your new install or only after the patches were loaded?

Scott
Old 10-29-2009, 06:39 AM
chevypower1930

Hey Scott,

what happens is is that when I click on the helicopters tab, all the airplane pictures and names are still listed.... it's weird.

and at first when I downloaded the software all the helicopters were there and worked fine.. then I did the heli upgrade. and the 1.1 upgrade and thats when the problems started..
Old 10-29-2009, 06:54 AM
sctholson

Adam,
Now I understand.
I'm not sure what the best approach is; my first inclination is to re-install the 1.09 patch and see if that clears the problem up. So essentially you are going backwards in the upgrade process.
Did you do the 1.1 upgrade immediately after the heli patch? as in you did not run the software after the heli patch? That might be a problem, although I'm sure others did the 1.1 patch immediately after the heli patch.
Since what you have is unworkable, and the other choice is to start from scratch... I'd redo the 1.09 patch and make sure I follow the directions on http://www.fsone.com/Downloads/Default.aspx
Let us know how it all turns out.
Scott
Old 10-29-2009, 06:58 AM
chevypower1930

If the download only took an hour I'd deffianatly just reinstall Fsone but it took FOUR HOURS for some reason on these laptops... Have no idea why so don't really wanna do that yet ha... umm but yeah I'll try to just go backwards in the process... and see what happens thanks man
Old 10-29-2009, 07:06 AM
chevypower1930

Alright didn't work.... I think one problems may have been that I did the patches without turning off UAC.. I have vista... I forgot about that stupid little detail.... Idk I don't fly heli's much but I may get another one soon so kinda wanna practice.. I may go ahead and reinstall it and do everything slow and right... so hey no flyin till NOON haha
Old 10-29-2009, 07:16 AM
sctholson

Well at least is was something to try. Good luck on the re-install
Scott
Old 10-29-2009, 07:19 AM
chevypower1930

Appreciate it... I've installed this simulator like 5 diff times on diff computers and all has went w/o a hitch so no worries..
Old 10-29-2009, 11:26 AM
chevypower1930

alright only took 3 and a half hours this time!!!! downloaded all the patches and ALL IS GOOD! ha back to flyin
Old 10-29-2009, 11:30 AM
sctholson

And now all is well with the world again... almost!
Old 11-25-2009, 09:57 AM
turok007

RealFlight G5 new out. it still looks like a console game. and the inflight flying looks like the plane is on the end of a stick. very bad camera movement. so i still wont be getting it. COME ON H9 PULL YOU FINGER OUT.
Old 11-28-2009, 06:26 AM
CloudSkipper

ORIGINAL: turok007

RealFlight G5 new out. it still looks like a console game. and the inflight flying looks like the plane is on the end of a stick. very bad camera movement. so i still wont be getting it. COME ON H9 PULL YOU FINGER OUT.
Perhaps I feel that by mentioning the possibility, it will help make it happen, but I think it's a pretty plausible idea that Horizon would share with RunTime Games the fixed-wing sim source code from fsone as Horizon is teaming up with them (even distributing their own edition of Phoenix). I have Phoenix in addition to FSOne, so I'll let you know if I start to notice fsone-level fixed-wing realism in Phoenix.

That's assuming Horizon has rights to that code, but I think that's plausible because from what I understand Horizon was involved with InertiaSoft right from the beginning of fsone's development.

I know this thread is supposed to be about FSOne only, so I won't keep writing about this speculation here, but I think it's worth a mention or two.
Old 11-30-2009, 04:11 PM
wpotter6

The Phoenix Sim is directly compatable with the DX6i and DX7, but it uses the trainer cord instead of a wireless link. It actually requires an adapter to work with a DX5e. I have the FSOne and have also tired the Phoenix demo on the same computer, the graphics on the Phoenix are much better than the FSOne.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:04 AM
CloudSkipper

ORIGINAL: wpotter6

The Phoenix Sim is directly compatable with the DX6i and DX7, but it uses the trainer cord instead of a wireless link. It actually requires an adapter to work with a DX5e. I have the FSOne and have also tired the Phoenix demo on the same computer, the graphics on the Phoenix are much better than the FSOne.
Oh yeah graphical rendition of the aircraft, photographic quality of scenery and panning of the scenery is definately more refined in Phoenix, but I still 95% of the time turn to FSOne for fixed-wing practice. Would be such a treat to have the FSOne fixed-wing sim engine within Phoenix (either that or have FSOne being an actively developed product but the former is looking more likely now).
Old 02-08-2010, 08:59 AM
turok007

does anyone use the sim on a projector screen. i have just got myself a one. it is a about 6ft across and it is just like the real thing. but im flying it just like i would at the field. it is very strange
Old 02-08-2010, 09:04 AM
sctholson

I used a projector once to project the sim on a white wall, it was awesome but took up too much space in my home. It'd be perfect in a home theatre. As it was my computer was in the middle of the room and I had to clear out a whole wall to project the image. Not to mention the wires etc that were running across my room.

Enjoy
Scott
Old 02-08-2010, 09:20 AM
turok007

mine is on a screen over the front room window. the projector is on a table for now until i get a shelf put up
Old 02-12-2010, 03:42 PM
quaddity

I just installed FSOne last night on my new computer. This computer is a Windows 7 triple core AMD 64 bit with a 1 gig GEForce 9400GT card outputting 1080P to my 50" DLP TV. After the 4 hour install (what is with that seriously?) I tested it and all was good. Ran great at 1920x1080 resolution close to 200fps. It looks unbelievable on a 50" TV. Enough to not make me miss my real planes that I sold off last year due to moving and not using them. So after that Iinstalled the patches with UAC enabled. After that my planes and helicopter screens were blank. Nothing listed. I disabled the UAC and reinstalled the patches with no improvement. Ifound that in the aircraft directories (fixed wing and rotary wing) the lists.cfg files were missing. I copied them from my laptop and it fixed the problem. Since I saw similiar problems above I thought I'd post that info. I wish FSOne would have received more support, at least some more packs. I never picked up the first hanger pack and I'm still not all that interested in it. I'd like the Extra 3D from it and that's about it. I have been flying AFPD lately but after installing FSOne and playing with it for a few hours Iwas reminded on how good the physics are.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:55 PM
sctholson

Nice to know it works with Windows 7. Glad you were able to resolve the issues, thanks for posting.
Old 02-12-2010, 04:06 PM
CloudSkipper

ORIGINAL: quaddity
I wish FSOne would have received more support, at least some more packs. I never picked up the first hanger pack and I'm still not all that interested in it. I'd like the Extra 3D from it and that's about it. I have been flying AFPD lately but after installing FSOne and playing with it for a few hours I was reminded on how good the physics are.
FS One is coming back. They are working on version 2. According to the info this time it is not tied to Horizon at least not entirely. I am not clear about the details of that. There is no word yet on when it will be released.

Are we allowed to link to or mention by name other rc forums? The announcement was inserted in to a existing thread on this other rc forum.
Old 02-12-2010, 04:09 PM
sctholson

Post it; if someone doesn't like it they'll remove it.
Old 02-12-2010, 04:16 PM
CloudSkipper

Ok here goes. Never mind the title of the thread.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1#post14255421
Old 02-12-2010, 04:25 PM
sctholson

Well that's really good to know:
It's true, you cannot get FS One from Horizon anymore and they're hard to find on Ebay, etc. All sold out and it looks like people are keeping what they have.

We're coming out with another new version of FS One. This time around it will not be exclusive to Horizon and showcase almost exclusively Horizon brands. It's not going to be designed and evolve into a marketing machine. Instead, the mission accurate physics was and is the focus plain and simple. That's how good RC pilots want it to be. No flying on rails, no magic carpets, no fudge just physics, no cheating. Practice with an accurate sim, and flying in real will start making a lot more sense and be more fun. Start with confusion and surprises on the computer and have confidence in the field (cheapest way), not the other way around.

I've got to thank the folks at Horizon for nurturing the early development of FS One, and their feedback and interaction was very important. That's phase is over and a new and better one has already filled it's place.

Look for more news to come. I'm not giving out our detailed plans, but I will say "the death of FS One has been greatly exaggerated".

Michael
Old 02-12-2010, 04:57 PM
CloudSkipper

I have been flying AFPD lately but after installing FSOne and playing with it for a few hours I was reminded on how good the physics are.
It's like a breath of fresh air ain't it? Too bad you never got the hangar pack. It wasn't a huge update but it has some really nicely modeled planes in it. I thought it was well worth it considering the quality.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:19 PM
quaddity

ORIGINAL: CloudSkipper

I have been flying AFPD lately but after installing FSOne and playing with it for a few hours Iwas reminded on how good the physics are.
It's like a breath of fresh air ain't it? Too bad you never got the hangar pack. It wasn't a huge update but it has some really nicely modeled planes in it. I thought it was well worth it considering the quality.
Yes it is. I like AFPD but the physics for 3D flying are to "floaty", FSOne has it right. Good to hear there will be a new version of it! Hopefully they don't leave us original owners out in the cold for a discount.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.