Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

FS One by Hangar 9

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 01:39 PM
Calman2k

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FS One by Hangar 9

Ok, I'm stumped. I installed FSOne, and it would load. I then installed hanger pack 1. Then I followed the instructions on the website and tried to install the heli pack. The problem I had was that it wouldn't install, it told me I needed to have version 1.0.7 or later installed, but hanger pack one takes it to 1.0.8. I did start the software after installing the core game, and again after installing hanger pack 1, and it did the update for hanger pack 1. Also, at the bottom of the screen on the home screen of the game, it does say 1.0.8. Any Ideas? Any help would be great.

B
Old 02-24-2010, 01:48 PM
sctholson

I remember there being a procedure for installing the heli update. Don't remember exactly what that was, did you see any special notes on this?
You may want to reinstall the 1.07 update and see if that sorts out the ability to run the program.

I thought the latest update is 1.1?

Okay follow this link if you are not familiar with it already and see if you can sort this out. I'd probably install 1.07 and get the thing running again and then follow the directions at this link.

http://www.fsone.com/Downloads/Default.aspx

Scott
Old 02-24-2010, 03:12 PM
Mikel-t
My Feedback: (12)

Hey, my FS One is new in box with the Controller. Maybe I should put it on the RCU Marketplace. I'll take $75 for it. MAKE SURE YOUR PC CAN HANDLE IT by going to whatever their web site is. All I know is this is not my cup of tea!. Send me a PM
My purchase date from HH is last month.
Old 02-24-2010, 05:02 PM
Calman2k

ORIGINAL: sctholson

I remember there being a procedure for installing the heli update. Don't remember exactly what that was, did you see any special notes on this?
You may want to reinstall the 1.07 update and see if that sorts out the ability to run the program.

I thought the latest update is 1.1?

Okay follow this link if you are not familiar with it already and see if you can sort this out. I'd probably install 1.07 and get the thing running again and then follow the directions at this link.

http://www.fsone.com/Downloads/Default.aspx

Scott
Hi Scott,

Thanks for the tip. Bummer thing is that they don't have 1.0.7 on the website any more, its just the 1.1, 1.0.9 and 1.0.3. HP1 takes it to 1.0.8. I'm wondering if HP 1 didn't install correctly so its not fully up to the 1.0.8. Thoughts?
Old 02-24-2010, 05:12 PM
MSelig

If you want 1.0.7 you can download it w/ this link:
http://horizonhobby.cachefly.net/FSO...atch_1_0_7.exe
Old 02-25-2010, 01:22 PM
Calman2k

Hey all,

Thanks for the help. I ended up just downloading the 1.0.9 patch and installing it, then the heli pack, then the 1.1 patch. All is well. After making the adjustments to the T-Rex model as Scott suggested I'm good to go for my B400 practice.

Thanks,
B
Old 02-25-2010, 01:32 PM
sctholson

Glad to hear it,
Another happy FSOne customer!
Old 02-25-2010, 03:25 PM
Calman2k

LOL, I don't know about happy, how bout functional.
Old 02-25-2010, 03:29 PM
dbcisco
Banned

The only problem I had with FS-One is the limited number of aircraft and esp. the lack of user created ones.
Old 02-28-2010, 04:54 PM
Darto501

HI,
Can there be more than one FS-ONE installation one the same computer?
I wish to have two version at different patch levels to compare the performance and handling of aircraft in each.

Thanks. 
Old 02-28-2010, 11:18 PM
Darto501

Not getting a quick answer, I took the long time for a second install.
Both installations run fine and completely independently.
The second one (unpatched) flies quite a bit easier than the patched version and easier than real life models it seems to me.
The patched version 1.9 (including heli patch) flies much more difficult and in fact seems harder to fly than real models.
Nice to have both versions instantly available for using either one as the mood strikes.
Maybe I'll have 3 installed on the same computer after I get the addon hangar pack!

EDIT: Observations based on flying helicopters only, no planes.

Old 03-01-2010, 12:48 AM
Calman2k

If you're referring to the T-Rex model. We've already established that model has issues. If you look further back in the discussion Scott has been wonderful in posting some awesome changes to get the T-Rex model to fly like the real one does. I fly it for practice for my Blade 400. Its pretty darn close. Only bummer thing is, the computer sim can't account for the pucker factor. I can practice all I want on the sim, but when I go to fly it outside, it can make ya so nervous you pucker up
Old 03-01-2010, 06:40 AM
Darto501

It was the Blade CP actually. My problem with the patched sim was strictly a xmtr calibration issue. Now that Iunderstand the simulations interface the 1.1 version flys way better than the 1.01 and I don't think I need the early version for much any more.

I got the Hangar package coming in mail, Trex is probably the star of that package, sounds like.

I wish more Hangar packs were coming, my system barely does FS9 won't run FSX, so probably not the new Hangar 9 either when it gets here :/
Old 03-01-2010, 10:49 AM
CloudSkipper

ORIGINAL: Darto501
I got the Hangar package coming in mail, Trex is probably the star of that package, sounds like.
I'd say the star's of the hangar pack are the planes; the planes are excellent. The trex is more like the "little rascal" in the hangar pack. You won't like the trex the way it is set up. You will need the aforementioned tweaks for it.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:57 PM
dbcisco
Banned

I do not think any more hagar packs are ever coming. A new version of FS-One is rumorred to be in the works but I wouldn't hold my breath. Ver.1.1 has been around forever (30 aircraft, mostly Hangar9's) and there has only been one hangar pack (10 aircraft)
PhoenixRC is much like FS-One but with a lot more aircraft (about 50 planes and 50 helis).
Realflight has tons of aircraft but the last version I thought was any good was G4, I hate G4.5 and refuse to buy G5 until they prove to me that it is better than G4.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:22 PM
CloudSkipper

ORIGINAL: dbcisco
I do not think any more hagar packs are ever coming.
Right because "Hangar Pack" is a play on the "hangar 9" brand name. The new version will not be exclusive to HH.

A new version of FS-One is rumorred to be in the works but I wouldn't hold my breath.
"Rumored"? Selig himself announced that version two is in the works. He has said that more details will be announced as they get closer to release date.
Old 03-01-2010, 02:06 PM
dbcisco
Banned

I will belive it when I see it. I haven't seen anything from them in a long time.
"FS One Upgrade 1.1 Now Available Wednesday, July 09, 2008" and the only Hangar pack ever made was announced Thursday, July 12, 2007
What have they been doing the last couple years? Wondering why RF, Aerofly and Phoenix are selling and FS-One isn't.
Announcing what IMHO is vaporware can do nothing but assure that FS1 V1 will stay on the shelves.

I am announcing that I a product that will turn water into gasoline is in the works.
I will make more announcements as we get closer to a final product.
Old 03-01-2010, 07:04 PM
CloudSkipper

What have they been doing the last couple years? Wondering why RF, Aerofly and Phoenix are selling and FS-One isn't.
I cannot confirm any of the following, but it is just what is plausible. If you look at what has happened, what Selig has recently said and what he has not said it's very suggestive that there was some kind of lack of agreement between Horizon and IntertiaSoft over the direction and purpose of fsone.

And when you look at what has been announced and done before and what is now being announced, you are not seeing the actions of one entity then and now. "Back then" was HH and IntertiaSoft and "now" is InertiaSoft independently.

What is rather implausible is that someone like Selig 1) created something as technically sophisticated as fsone and 2) then suddenly decided "I'm just going to be lazy and mess with everybody".

What I am saying does not require a huge leap of optimism.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:34 PM
johndou

ORIGINAL: CloudSkipper

I cannot confirm any of the following, but it is just what is plausible. If you look at what has happened, what Selig has recently said and what he has not said it's very suggestive that there was some kind of lack of agreement between Horizon and IntertiaSoft over the direction and purpose of fsone.

And when you look at what has been announced and done before and what is now being announced, you are not seeing the actions of one entity then and now. ''Back then'' was HH and IntertiaSoft and ''now'' is InertiaSoft independently.

What is rather implausible is that someone like Selig 1) created something as technically sophisticated as fsone and 2) then suddenly decided ''I'm just going to be lazy and mess with everybody''.

What I am saying does not require a huge leap of optimism.
I have to agree with dbcisco on this one. If Inertia Soft is planning to release a new version of FSOne why all of the secrecy? It doesn't make sense to not tell your customers what they can plan on. It just seems to me that by actually announcing their intentions "publicly" then those people who are in the market to buy a sim might hold off to buy the "new" FSOne. Spreading and promoting "rumors" is disingenuous to everyone and only promotes questionable business practices.

My major complaint with RealFlight is that they don't tell their customers what they're doing and hide their new releases for the Christmas buying season. Just be honest and tell everyone that a new release is coming in Oct. Of course they've been doing it long enough now that no one is surprised when a new version comes out anymore. I'm pretty sure that there was a slump in sales back in Aug, Sept and Oct for RealFlight G4.5 because most everyone knew that a new version was expected for Christmas.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:59 PM
sctholson

Those of us who still hold hope and wish well of FSOne aren't ticked off. We are waiting patiently and hopefully
Scott
Old 03-01-2010, 09:04 PM
dbcisco
Banned

If I owned an LHS I would only stock a software product if they agreed to take back or rebate unsold items when new releases are announced. This is exactly what car dealerships (and some software companies) do. Otherwise they risk losing distribution channels and sales as well as the trust of consumers.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:07 PM
sctholson

Ahhhhh.... if only all choices in life were so black and white!
Scott
Old 03-01-2010, 09:52 PM
CloudSkipper

ORIGINAL: johndou
If Inertia Soft is planning to release a new version of FSOne why all of the secrecy?
Well I know that some of this notion of "secrecy" comes from the fact that the HH version one sort of faded without explanation. I can understand why Selig himself would not publicly discuss or elaborate on whatever did not work out with Horizon. He probably had hopes up to a point in time of it working out. As for why Horizon never indicated anything other than lowering the price at some point, I don't know, but the upcoming new version is not in collaboration with Horizon. From what it sounds like to me, this is a new venture and not just your usual step from one version to another.

As for not yet releasing more detail about version two, I don't see what is so unusual with that. Closer to the release date he/they will say more.

Old 03-01-2010, 10:16 PM
dbcisco
Banned

Why is it that the product information and FAQ at FS-One hasn't been updated since 2006.
I have no idea who Selig is, if he really owns the rights to FS-One or anything at all.
I can find no information of who owns or controls FSone.com or their products.
"Since being founded in 2003 by Brian Fuesz and Michael Selig..." This means nothing about the current ownership or contraactual obligations to HH or anayone else.
Inertiasoft.com seems to be just as dead and uninformative. No job postings is pretty weird for a company embarking on a redoing an old product.

IMHO FS-One and Inertiasoft are in critical condition if not dead.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:32 PM
CloudSkipper

Why is it that the product information and FAQ at FS-One hasn't been updated since 2006.
I have no idea who Selig is, if he really owns the rights to FS-One or anything at all.
I can find no information of who owns or controls FSone.com or their products.
''Since being founded in 2003 by Brian Fuesz and Michael Selig...'' This means nothing about the current ownership or contraactual obligations to HH or anayone else.
Inertiasoft.com seems to be just as dead and uninformative. No job postings is pretty weird for a company embarking on a redoing an old product.

IMHO FS-One and Inertiasoft are in critical condition if not dead.
Well you're assuming that there is "a lot to be suspicious about" and I'm not sure based on what. You want proof that Selig/InertiaSoft owns the rights to the code?

As for "who is Selig", the site gives a fair bit of detail on all team members:
Michael Selig, Ph.D, Chief Executive Officer
Michael co-founded InertiaSoft with Brian Fuesz in December 2003. Michael is internationally best known for his research and interests in applied aerodynamics and airfoil design. His expertise in this area and other experience gained while working on the aerodynamics of UAVs, wind turbines, race cars (IndyCar and Formula 1), racing yachts (America's Cup), aircraft in icing conditions and many other problems in low-speed aerodynamics have been applied to the aerodynamic modeling and simulation of the airplanes in FS One. In this effort, new approaches in aerodynamics and in aircraft stability and control were developed to simulate the challenging post-stall flight regime experienced by modern "3D" aerobatic RC airplanes. These advances in new aerodynamic methodologies have paid dividends across the entire flight spectrum in FS One.

Michael also holds a position as an Associate Professor of Aerospace Engineering at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign where he teaches courses in applied aerodynamics and aircraft design. He flew his first RC sailplane in 1977 and first full-scale sailplane as a private pilot in 1991. He received a B.S. from the University of Illinois in 1984, an M.S.E. from Princeton University in 1988, and a Ph.D. from the Pennsylvania State University in 1992.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.