Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

FS One by Hangar 9

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 05:25 PM
bk-pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS One by Hangar 9

Everyone needs to checkout this new product from Horizon Hobbies that should be out on the market fairly soon. It was at Toledo this year and was quite impressive and VERY realistic.......The graphics and realisim is there, and I was able to compare all the simulators on the market at Toledo and believe this one stands head and antlers above the rest....
Old 04-30-2006, 05:30 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: FS one by Horizon Hobbies

My son flew the Edge 540 (on the sim) and thought it was the most realistic reacting plane he has flown on any simulator! And yes, he flys their 1/3 Edge 540! 'nuff said!!!
Old 05-01-2006, 01:51 PM
Abaco24

Wonder how this compares to AFPD which from the threads seems to be top dog at least for now? I saw the video from thier site and it looks impressive.
Old 05-04-2006, 09:30 AM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

The graphics aren't that spectacular, but if the physics are accurate then we will have a win.
whats the price on it?
Old 05-04-2006, 12:16 PM
Matt-in-the-hat

the graphics look better than anything i've seen. At least the movie on the website sure looks awesome! I'm totally buying this when it comes out in 2 months. I hope they release a Mike McConville expansion pack. I want to be able to practice with my showtime on the simulator.. and even the 27% Extra 260. which I am thinking will be my next plane. How About it Mike? Will I get to fly my showtime on simulator?
Old 05-04-2006, 12:22 PM
Matt-in-the-hat

Horizon has it listed at $209
Old 05-04-2006, 12:46 PM
IFlySlowPlanes

With all these sims coming in at around $200, is it only a matter of time before one company or another realizes that in order to win market share, they'll need to lower their prices? I mean, I know we're supposed to think "Yeah, but it's still cheaper than wrecking a real one." And let's not forget, "But this is such a small demographic....we have to make up for the lack of volume!"

While I won't go so far as to say these programs are the equivalent of other mass-market video games, and should therefore be priced comparably, I DO think every one of these programs is over-priced, particularly when you consider the hardware requirements to make them function at anywhere near the capability they demonstrate in ads and on the show floors.

I for one won't bother until the prices become reasonable (and yes, I know my definition of reasonable may be different from yours!). Not saying "never"...because that's a long time!

Just my $0.02
Old 05-04-2006, 01:32 PM
50%plane
My Feedback: (5)

I agree that they are all overpriced, but I've gotten every penny back from what I spent on G3 from better flying skills to just plain fun. I think that FS One is way overpriced though. It sells for $10 more than AFPD and G3. (I'm not sure what Reflex is) G3 and AFPD all have solid reputations. FS One is a first offering. I will not buy FS One for $210 until It has at least one year under it's belt.

50%
Old 05-04-2006, 01:41 PM
Matt-in-the-hat

personally.. I think $200 is reasonable, especially since it comes with a controller. however, I agree if they were cheaper they would sell more. For example if they were $100 I'd probably buy them all, G3, AFPD,FS1. When ever a new one came out I'd just pick it up like I do video games. as it stands now.. $250 by the time you pay tax and shipping etc, consumers are more likely to research and buy only one Sim, use it until it is obsolete 3-5 years, then buy a new one. But either way, I'm buying FS1 when it comes out.
Old 05-05-2006, 06:27 PM
Rat1

G3 comes with a controller also. G3 also allows us online multiplayer flying.
Old 05-06-2006, 07:36 PM
bk-pilot

Wow didn't think this would raise any controversy but guess maybe it has when it comes to the price...Don't think the price has been set in stone when I talked with the Horizon people at Toledo. Yes, I guess they would sale many more units at 150.00 than at 210.00, but this isn't walmart {thank god} and if everyone only knew the programming time and effort that goes into a system such as this, IT SHOULD BE PRICED HIGHER. But what a great training tool to do manuvers before you get out to the field. Like one person said it sure is cheaper than trashing many planes trying to figure something out...And if it is 10.00 more than the others it is well worth it. Who knows they might have free shipping and it might turn out to be cheaper than the others..never know till the day it comes out....
Old 05-11-2006, 10:41 AM
MMcConville
My Feedback: (4)

When you look at the cost to develop a state of the art simulator, the price is not high. There is a HUGE amount of time and effort involved in developing something like this, and the cost are HUGE as well.
The result is worth it though IMHO. FS-One is state of the art.
BTW, it supports multi-player as well. Noticed above that the impression was it didnt. Not true.

I've been spending a lot of time flying, tweaking and working on some final features for the release, and I have to say I get more excited about it every day.

I've found that FS-One is so realistic, I can actually use it for real practice, not just learning stick movements for maneuvers. I did a recording of various snap rolls in IMAC routines and played back wit the stick movements on the screen. It acts exactly like the Real model (my Ultimate in this case) .
It was amazing, it was like a real time demonstration of my "Art of The Snap Roll" article that was in MAN. Point being, it flies so real it will change how I practice in the future.

Yes, we will do add-ons on an onging basis to support it. I donthink we'll have a Mike McConville Add-on, but there will sure be models etc in there for everyone, plenty more aerobatic models included.
Old 05-11-2006, 05:54 PM
50%plane

BTW, it supports multi-player as well.
The AFPD folks are crying right now. Right STL?!?!?!

Sounds great Mike. I hope to fly it sometime. You'll probably have a few addons for it before I get a chance to though.[]

50%
Old 05-15-2006, 08:07 PM
Shocker1000
My Feedback: (2)

I flew on FSOne at RCX for about 15 min and I have tosay I think it is the most realistic out of G3 and AFPD (I've never flown Reflex) and I will deffinatly be buying it when it comes out.
Old 05-29-2006, 01:21 PM
steff5l6

ORIGINAL: Shocker1000

I flew on FSOne at RCX for about 15 min and I have tosay I think it is the most realistic out of G3 and AFPD (I've never flown Reflex) and I will deffinatly be buying it when it comes out.
a date ? i need a simulator , must i wait or not ,,?? arghh..
Old 06-09-2006, 11:16 AM
strykernut

Can someone tell me the difference in the [link=http://www.fsone.com/Products/Home.aspx]FS ONE SIMULATOR[/link] .....MOde 1, MOde2 and TacKon models...I can't figure out what the difference is...

THanksfor any help!
SPace Cadet
Old 06-28-2006, 12:50 PM
nts22

When software like this first comes out there is always going to be plenty of problems. There is no way that every issue will be worked out by beta testors alone. I am going to wait and let everyone else work through the problems and then I might give it a try. For me I am sticking with what has already been a success and what has lead the flight simulator industry since day 1.....RealFlight.
Old 06-28-2006, 01:35 PM
50%plane

When software like this first comes out there is always going to be plenty of problems. There is no way that every issue will be worked out by beta testors alone. I am going to wait and let everyone else work through the problems and then I might give it a try. For me I am sticking with what has already been a success and what has lead the flight simulator industry since day 1.....RealFlight.
Are you one of the folks with Great Planes? It says that you are from Champaign IL. Anyways, while what you say is true, I don't think you need to judge a product because it si just coming out. In fact, many new companies get their starts from a successful product. I hope FS One is a good product. However G3 is going to be hard to beat. Who knows, maybe H9 got it right the first time.

50%
Old 06-28-2006, 02:20 PM
nts22

no. just live in the hobby distribution capital of the world.... with only one true hobby shop. I usually have to go through Tower because of that.
Old 06-29-2006, 12:45 PM
kuplo

I saw this in a magazine I picked up recently. But since I've already bought G3 last month at $199.00 I'll have to pass on this one. I too think that the $200 price point is way to high.

If Flight Sims were less expensive, then I would probably have a couple of them and my money would be shared amongst the different developers, but as it is not, then only one company got my money.

I think that a large chunk of the price is spent on including the dummy controllers that some of them use. They could substantially lower the price by including regular software copy protection and include a simpler dongle that uses the end users transmitter. This would greatly reduce the appeared value of the FS to the end user.

In any event, G3 already has my money, and until or if the price on other similar quality sims comes down to say $100 then I'll just stick with G3. I also see little point in buying xpacks just to get "new" planes. If my sim has helis and planes in it now, I see little point in spending $40.00 more to get some more skinned planes just for the eye candy. These are RC flight simulators not really games (although they are fun like games at times), so xpacks usually consist of little more than extra eye candy in things like different planes, weather effects and flying fields.

I wish all of the sims mfg's good luck, and while I dont really regret buying G3, I am of the mind that I'll probably sell it off on ebay or some RC site in the very near future as Im more of a leisure flyer (i.e. not into 3D flying) and the only use it is to me at this point is be able to fly when it's too windy outside if Im in the mood and have time to actually fly so I'm not learning anything new from it and it serves only as a way to fake fly when it's too windy. It served it's main purpose for which I purchased it, that of teaching me stick movement for orientation.
Old 06-29-2006, 04:07 PM
mswlogo

The dummy controllers are cheap (probably $10.00 cost to distributor). AFPD Offers a dongle only version and it's also $200.00.

I think the price is fair. It's not that huge a market and they need to recover development costs.

Figure staff of 10 at around $200k/yr each (that includes office, computer etc., benifits and pay) for a minimum of 2 years.

That's $4 million to develop. They probably sell to distrubuter at 50%.

So they need to sell 40,000 copies at $200.00 retail to just break even.

And that does not even include marketing cost.
Old 06-30-2006, 01:09 PM
50%plane

I think that a large chunk of the price is spent on including the dummy controllers that some of them use. They could substantially lower the price by including regular software copy protection and include a simpler dongle that uses the end users transmitter. This would greatly reduce the appeared value of the FS to the end user.
The G3 controller is not a cheapo thing. It's expertly made by Futaba.
I also see little point in buying xpacks just to get "new" planes. If my sim has helis and planes in it now, I see little point in spending $40.00 more to get some more skinned planes just for the eye candy. These are RC flight simulators not really games (although they are fun like games at times), so xpacks usually consist of little more than extra eye candy in things like different planes, weather effects and flying fields.
umm, yea, G3's Expansion pack's have plenty of cool planes in them though. Since you really don't want a sim, I would think that you wouldn't waste your money on it.

50%
Old 07-02-2006, 02:58 PM
BaronVonWalker

[8D]
Old 07-02-2006, 04:21 PM
Oregon Craig

Why are there so many posts in these FS1 threads by people with 1 post?
Old 07-02-2006, 04:43 PM
BaronVonWalker

A great thread for a first post, I guess.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.