Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

hovering on G2

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2002, 10:40 PM
coony2787
My Feedback: (33)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hovering on G2

what plane are you guys using to practice hovering with on g2 , i have all the add ons and none seem to hover very well. i downloaded the biplane from the g2 webpage and yes it will hover but , you can't stop it from torque rolling . any body ahve a plane that will hover good ? and would maybe like to share it

thanks
Chad
Old 12-24-2002, 10:54 PM
bronxbombr
My Feedback: (1)

Default hovering on G2

i use the ultimate bipe, U can join in now and try it. I have hosted the IP in the multiplayer forum
Old 12-24-2002, 11:35 PM
Mike Bell
My Feedback: (6)

Default hovering on G2

I and others tweaked a Cap. Flys as close a real model as any sim plane I have flown. It will torque but so will about any plane at vertical.
Try setting the torque factor way down and try to keep the Bipe from full vertical.

Mike
Old 12-24-2002, 11:52 PM
edge_fanatic
My Feedback: (4)

Default download the...

Download the Cap 232 2X...It will hover nicely...
Old 12-25-2002, 01:11 AM
jerrysu29

Default Hovering G2

Go to the real flight.com swap section and down load the Aeroworks Profile it's another good hovering Plane. there are also many diff. color schemes to choose from for this plane.
Old 12-26-2002, 06:13 AM
Dave McDonald
My Feedback: (19)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default hovering on G2

The only G2 plane I've found that will truly hover with the nose vertical is the Harrier....since it is the only one that still has roll control in a vertical hover. Every other G2 plane will start torque rolling, and you can't stop it since the ailerons are useless in a G2 hover.
Old 12-26-2002, 06:35 AM
TERMAGATOR
My Feedback: (2)

Default hovering on G2

there is one out there called Super Extra Special and it hovers great and doesnt tend to torq like some of the others. its either on real flights page or on the aero3Dnet web page....Gator
Old 12-26-2002, 02:27 PM
coony2787
My Feedback: (33)

Default hovering on G2

Originally posted by termagator
there is one out there called Super Extra Special and it hovers great and doesnt tend to torq like some of the others. its either on real flights page or on the aero3Dnet web page....Gator

well i figured out how to stop the planes from torque rolling, the cap 2x is not a bad plane to hover. if you want a plane to stop torque rolling go to the edit page , edit the engine and go down to where it says torgue value, and set to around 30% , there is 2 toruqe values on the edit page on is the actual torque value of the engine meanig stump pulling power the other is the rotational value but if you play with it you can actually get to roll the wrong way. its really hard to torque roll to the right .
i hope you all can understand what i wrote . lol.
Chad