Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

Monitor - 4:3 or widescreen?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Monitor - 4:3 or widescreen?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2006, 09:19 AM
Hubb
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Monitor - 4:3 or widescreen?

I have decided instead to invest in a nice new monitor. I have been looking at flatpanel LCD, something in the 19" range. I still don't quite understand screen resolution and how it relates to the screen size. I am stuck now deciding if I should pick a widescreen or standard 4:3 monitor. if I picked a widescreen would my sim fill the entire screen? or would it strech the image to fit and cause possible distortion? will the sim even play in widescreen (AFPD)? I don't want to make a choice and have it not work. the sim is the primary appl;ication for the new monitor. I do not watch movies or anything like that on my Computer. even a 19" standard size will be an upgrade that I can be happy with if the widescreen is wrong.

I have given up trying to feed my computer into my 52" TV. the though would have been really cool, but I could not get the resolution (s-video) or the correct screen size (DVI input) I was hoping for.

thanks for any input

Hubb
Old 06-11-2006, 11:35 AM
HELI-JOKER
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: Monitor - 4:3 or widescreen?

get a widescreen-I use AFPD thru my laptop to a Sony Vega 34" HD widescreen Tube TV and its great
Old 06-18-2006, 02:43 PM
Hubb
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Monitor - 4:3 or widescreen?

well, my issue was resolved for me

I got a samsung syncmaster 19" LCD for fathers day. my wife bought it a circut city and the guy there told her it was the best they had for gaming. so far it looks great. it has really added a dimension to AFPD.

my screen resolution is now at 1280x1024 at 75hz

I am going to give the 52" Hitachi another try also. I spoke to some guys that may have figured out my resolution issues, so I guess I get the best of both worlds!

Hubb