Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

Need help with new G2

Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Need help with new G2

Old 12-31-2002, 12:04 AM
Ernie Misner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with new G2

Greetings! My new realflight G2 arrived but does not seem to want to operate with my video card. (an S3 incorporated Trio 3D) This is video that IBM "built in" to the computer rather than using the video card slot. Origionally this computer was made for an office setting.

I get a message that no 3D devices are found.... Then it says to hold down F2 key while application is running and change setting to HAL. The F2 key does not do anything however.

It also says I am defaulting to the reference driver instead of HAL and it will be SLOW. Well, it's worse than slow, no video graphics come through at all, only audio.

Does it look like I am in for a new video card???

Thanks for any information....:-)

Ernie
Old 12-31-2002, 07:04 AM
beavertail

i can tell you what i had to do. I got RF g2 about 8 months ago, andMine did the same thing. i did have to get a new video card.
I recall it costs aboout $49 . But it was worth it, I spent about 10 hours on the thing the first night until about 3 in the morning. I solo'd about 3 flying days later, its an awesome asset to a new flyer.
Old 12-31-2002, 07:27 AM
William Robison
My Feedback: (3)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Ernie:

RF does not like Trident, S3, or Diamond video cards. Seems happiest with the NVidia GeForce, but I'm running the NVidia RIVA TNT with 64m video ram, wonderful.

I have not been able to get RF to run at all with Trident. The Diamond Speedstar90 will run, but it tends to crash.

Anyway, just get an NVidia card, should run fine.

Real Flight with a trident, you'll stay in the basement.

Bill.
Old 12-31-2002, 07:39 AM
depfife
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ernie,

I'm no computer pro but I had the same problem as you with the "built in" system. I got a GeForce2 MX card and G2 works great now. This card is far from the top of the line and the price has dropped a good bit from when it was new. There are much faster cards now that would probably do a better job, but mine runs G2 with no problems.

Good luck,

Eric
Old 12-31-2002, 08:38 PM
Ernie Misner

Thank you very much guys for the good input. Okay..... I am off to get ahold of my computer guru friend and see if we can't get a new video card installed this week. I will tell him what you fellows said about the Nvidia cards. Thanks again and happy new year!

Ernie