Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

Clear View newest version/help

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Clear View newest version/help

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 11:00 AM
rinoldi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clear View newest version/help

Hi. I just upgraded from 4.42 to 4.43. The former worked fine in my pc (Athlon 64 3.3mhz, 512 ram, 256mb shared video. However, the new version is working too slow till the point it is almost unplayable. Any help? Thanks!
Old 07-19-2006, 12:51 PM
skirtz

Default RE: Clear View newest version/help

This is strange, there is nothing in 4.43 that will slow it down comparing to 4.42 It is the other way around, there is sim engine setting that will make the FPS higher for some hi-poly models. Are you sure all else is equal on your computer? (new drivers, background programs, viruses god forbid ???) Also, did you do clean install by making sure c:\Program Files\SVKSystemsclearview is deleted
Old 07-19-2006, 12:59 PM
rinoldi

Hi, skirtz...yes, I did follow instructions (deleted svk system folder and uninstalled CV with windows). I haven't changed anything on the pc. Is there a way to lower any video settings? I'm getting about 9 fps. Didn't know how many I got with 4.42, however sim worked pretty good. Thanks/
Old 07-19-2006, 01:41 PM
skirtz

Try to uninstall 4.43, delete clearview dir and then install 4.42 Use fraps from http://fraps.com to see the fps there. Then install 4.43 and get the fps again. Take the fps for a specific scene so it can be compared. I am sure there is nothinbg in 4.43 that makes it work slower than 4.42 but let's investigate it.
Old 07-19-2006, 02:10 PM
rinoldi

Skirtz, I've just realized that it does nothing to do with ver. 4.33; the problem appears only with different kind of planes: by instance: with the Ultra stick 120 the sim is almost unplayable (about 9fps); however with the trainers it reachs 24-29 FPS. Is there any fix to this?Thanks.
Old 07-19-2006, 02:20 PM
skirtz

Ok, that explains it. The models that are hi-polygon meshes will play slower. In your case, the integrated video chokes on some of them. The best fix is to get dedicated video card (.. and I know it is not allways possible...) To partially address low performance on marginal video cards, v. 4.43 provides ability to select lower sim engine settings that result in higher fps for such models. Try this from "settings", then "sim engine setup" and select 90%.

Thanks,
Stefan
http://rcflightsim.com
Old 07-20-2006, 04:41 PM
Oregon Craig

Setting to 90%:

Well, for me the planes that flew before now fly with a higher FPS rate.
The ones that didn't still don't. The FPS reads "1", but it looks like
actually less.
Oh well. Even though I have a decent external video card, it isn't as
good a card as I thought.