Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

G3 Demo

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 08:36 AM
chase4556

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G3 Demo

can you hook up your remote to your computer to work with the G3 demo?

I have a DX6...so i believe it uses the same trainer port as a JR would. Anyway, is there a way to hook this to my computer?
Old 08-15-2006, 11:52 AM
Riversswe

Default RE: G3 Demo

I'm not sure, but i think you can use a joystick in the demo, so if you got a cable from your transmitter to the computer then you can try using a app called PPJoy, it takes the signal from your transmitter and creates a virtualjoystic on your computer that you then can use, for exampel in G3 - Demo. ...i guess?

Try it, google for "ppjoy"...

But it requires that you have a cable.
Old 08-15-2006, 01:53 PM
topdog11ttc

you cant use a joy in the demo
Old 08-15-2006, 02:12 PM
OldFart1

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep - runs off the keyboard
Old 08-19-2006, 07:56 PM
brian8474

Buy it and you will love it!! It's a life changing experience! Well maybe i shouldnt go that far
Old 08-19-2006, 08:41 PM
Raylon

ORIGINAL: brian8474

Buy it and you will love it!! It's a life changing experience! Well maybe i shouldnt go that far
Welllllll, I would. It affects every aspect of my life now that I have it.
Old 08-22-2006, 12:54 AM
Remyrw

Got it just the other day and can't recommend it enough. Beginner to expert you'll find uses for it. Practicing basics without risk or delays for the usual mechanical tinkering, trying new maneuvers and getting a feel for them before trying it for real... Hell, if nothing else it lets you practice a lot more than you can with the models just by virtue of not requiring charging, decent weather, time for a trip to the field... Got half an hour before you need to leave, practice a few touch and goes or practice your hovering.

I'm a big fan of FMS but it's not in the same league for the details yet. The basic flight physics are good but G3 (and probably the other big name sims) have the details down better. Things like how heli's behave on lift off or as you increase/decrease throttle, torque effects on tracking down the runway with planks... That kind of stuff. It seems minor, but when you experience it for the first time in the real model it's very disconcerting if you aren't ready for it. Practicing the counter movements on the controller in the sim keeps these normal issues from becoming cause for alarm or stress.

Back to on topic, no you can't use a joystick with the demo, and make sure you check the video compatibility list for your card, the demo runs on lots of stuff the real one won't. Luckily for me a driver update got me running smoothly even though mine's in the "no" column. (windows xp pro x64 with an Asus X1600 pro silent using the latest ATI 64bit drivers, drivers from even a month ago didn't work. I've sent them a note so hopefully they'll do some testing and update their list for the ATI X series cards.)

Remy