Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

Simulator for winter months

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Simulator for winter months

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 12:05 PM
brrzee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Simulator for winter months

I am looking into purchasing a simulator for the winter months seeing that it is usually to darn cold and snowy to do any sort of winter flying where I live. Anyways, I have played the G3 a bit and was very impressed I must say with the flying a graphics etc...The only thing they could of done better I thought was the ground physics as far as having rough landing fields and the plane bumping around a bit on takeoffs so that you would have to really pay attention at the controls like u usually do with normal flying. I have noticed this fs one is coming out very soon and they say they have put alot of work not only into the flying but also into the ground handling as well going from smooth to rough can throw you off a bit etc...which would be great as far as keeping your skill up.

Just looking for some input as to should I wait and see or get G3, maybe I have not played it enough and there is diffrent settings to make it more difficult for takeoff and landing handling. I know you can play with the wind which is great as well I am just looking for that last little bit of detail.

Don't mean to sound picky, but I am really enjoying this hobby and want to keep the skills I have finally gotten comfortable with so I can get right back into the saddle again come spring.
Old 08-22-2006, 03:42 PM
pilotpete2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Simulator for winter months

Went with AFPD last Feb. I can relate to your long cold winter blues. I'm only interested in using a sim to hone my flying skills, or at least what I pass off as skills
Just my 2 cents here, but with the release of FS One on the Horizon (pun intended) I'd hold on to my loonies and twoonies Heck, you have at leasst 2 or 3 weeks of warm weather left. What looks nice in FS One is that you can scale say an Extra 300 to match the size of what you are building, In AFPD they have humongous Extras that you can't scale down to a BIY Golberg Extra, but you can in FS One. Good luck.
Pete