Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

New G3.5 Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 04:22 PM
50%plane
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New G3.5 Upgrade

ORIGINAL: heli_Rod

I finally broke down a few of months ago and bought the G3 version at a local hobby shop. When I got it home and installed it, I found out the version I bought had been on their shelves since G3 came out. It didn't even have the helicopters on the disk. I had to get an update disk to install the helis and that's what I fly. I wasn't happy with the LHS for not telling me it was an early version of G3.

I hope G3.5 will be worth the wait.

Rod
G3.5 is well worth the wait. I have never flown any sim so realistic. It beats out all the competitors BY FAR! A handful of new planes and helis, a bunch of new flying fields. Very accurate physics. Tail slides, snaps, and spins are DEAD ON! No other sim has that.
Old 10-17-2006, 01:31 PM
JohnMcGowan
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to ask you guys this here on your thread-dont mean to interupt - I hope you dont mind. Do you know if someone elses add-on disc will work with my G3? We are both registered users but he has some stuff on several of his add-on discs that I would like to get on my system . Is that doable?
Thanks in advance!
John
Old 10-17-2006, 02:15 PM
opjose

His serials are registered to him.

If you install his package to your system you would half to use his serialization.

The online registration would pick this up.
Old 10-17-2006, 03:28 PM
JohnMcGowan

So even the add-on discs are registered ?
J
Old 10-17-2006, 07:27 PM
opjose

A serial is entered for each add-on disk.

That said, they seem to be using common serials for the Add-ons, and unique ones for the Expansion Packs (yes they ARE different).

They have posted some "common" serials for add-ons 1-3 on the Realflight web site for those who were having difficulty installing the add-ons.

However.... and more immediate.

The Add-ons periodically check for the original disks at random times.

You are prompted to insert the disk when it's time to check it.

If you've installed his copy, you will not be able to do this.

And technically you are off course violating their licensing/copyright....

Old 10-19-2006, 07:17 PM
heli_Rod

You can use someone else's add-on disks. They will work....BUT..eventually your G3 will ask for the disks to verify that you have them. Once it asks for them, that particular add-on won't be available until you prove to G3 you have the original disk. I don't pirate software so I have no idea if you can copy them.

Rod
Old 10-19-2006, 08:02 PM
JohnMcGowan

Thanks Rod and opjose!!
John
Old 10-20-2006, 06:40 AM
heli_Rod

The reason I know is because I used my son's to try out before I bought them to see if I liked a particular disk...now I have all 7 add-ons.

Rod
Old 10-20-2006, 10:29 AM
FUBAR03

Ive owned G3 and at least one of the add-ons for over a year. I use it quite frequently and the only time i ever remeber having to put an add on disk back in, was the very first time that i ran the sim after installing that add on...
Old 10-20-2006, 03:06 PM
heli_Rod

You're luckier than I am. I've been asked for #1, #2, #4 and #5 in the past month alone...LOL

Rod
Old 10-20-2006, 03:08 PM
opjose

ORIGINAL: FUBAR03

Ive owned G3 and at least one of the add-ons for over a year. I use it quite frequently and the only time i ever remeber having to put an add on disk back in, was the very first time that i ran the sim after installing that add on...

Oh, you will be!

It's just biding it's time... wait and see!
Old 10-20-2006, 03:25 PM
JohnMcGowan

Any new timeline on when the 3.50 comes out?
Also, can someone tell me exactly how to do two things: change the position of the sun so instead of looking at a lot of glare when you're flying or looking straight up, I'd like to get it where its on the horizon or somehow to move it out of the way , so to speak(its really bad at one of the default sodfarms on G3).I have already tried to turn off the halo or suns glare but to no avail.
Secondly , how can you actually change the cg on the plane your flying at the time, be it a custom plane or a default on from g3 ?
Thanks guys!!
John
Old 10-20-2006, 05:38 PM
FUBAR03

Thats just crazy that i havent been asked for my disks yet, i now have 3 of the "add-ons" and both of the "expansions"... lol

JohnMcGowan...

You cannot move anything around in the panoramic fields... including the sod farm. Im not sure if you can get to the original picture or not so that you could edit it in photoshop...
Old 10-20-2006, 07:47 PM
heli_Rod

Thats just crazy that i havent been asked for my disks yet, i now have 3 of the "add-ons" and both of the "expansions"... lol
You will be asked for the disks eventually. The more you switch aircraft from add-on to add-on, the more likely it will ask for a disk.

Rod
Old 10-20-2006, 07:53 PM
opjose

ORIGINAL: FUBAR03

You cannot move anything around in the panoramic fields... including the sod farm. Im not sure if you can get to the original picture or not so that you could edit it in photoshop...
Well....

You can't move anything around in the 2D picture.

You can place 3D objects "within" the 2D panoramic fields to give you both dynamic and movable objects.

You can move the light sourcing too, but if you do this, it will no longer correspond to the static image background...

One reason I'm a 3D field kind of person.

John:

There are two ways of modifying the C.G. of a plane.

G3 has a built in "physics" editor that lets you adjust every physical behaviour and parameter possible, of each plane.

In the Physics Editor, you can adjust the C.G. in a brute force manner with the first entry called C.G. You can move the C.G. around in three dimensions.

However this is not the best way to do it. It is there to permit you to "fine tune" the model when it is say, within 10% of where it should be. If you make extreme changes by merely moving the C.G. you'll get an unrealistically flying plane.

Instead you should modify the weight of each of the component parts to bring the C.G. in line with what you want and then use the C.G. settings to fine tune things.

This lets the program code better handle the model characteristics and results in very real behaviour.

It is also more in line with what you would do in the real world... e.g. move the battery, etc.

Old 10-28-2006, 05:45 PM
heli_Rod

RealFlight G3.5 BETA is available for download. I just got it installed...pretty cool stuff.

FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS CLOSELY!

G3.5 Public Beta available

RealFlight G3.5 is now available as a public beta download! Version 3.50.033 will be made public soon, but here is your chance to get it early.

Perform the following steps to obtain the update:
Start the RealFlight G3 Launcher
Click Additional Options, then Technical Support
Click Enter Tech Support Code
Enter the following code: B#x7a4ea45jhhc (If successful, you will see a message saying "You are now registered to use the Public Beta site until the new version is posted to official download site.")
Go back to the main Launcher menu and click Registration/Updates
Make sure that in the bottom left corner it says Temporary Public Beta (PS). If not, try reentering the code
Click Update to Specific Version, choose 3.50.033 from the list, and click OK.
The Launcher will need to restart partway through this process. Answer "Yes" when it asks if you want to continue downloading the new version. When this process is finished, you will have RealFlight G3.5.

NEW FEATURES:
Night Flying - Many aircraft now support glow effects at night.
Dynamic Sun Angle - You are now able to change the sun angle at 3D airports (not supported in PhotoFields).
New Airports - G3.5 includes several new PhotoField airports, including Waco Field, home of the XFC.
New Grass Objects - On certain PhotoFields we have placed grass clumps that add an additional level of realism as the aircraft wheels roll across the terrain.
New Aircraft - The Heli-Max Axe EZ and Heli-Max Axe CP have been added, as well as the ElectriStar, FlyZone Cessna, and SkyFly models.
Variable Pitch Propellers - The "V-Pitch" system is now in the list of available propellers
Coaxial Helis - Coaxial helis, like the Axe EZ, are now supported
Streamers - You can now add streamers to any aircraft. You choose the color, width, and length of the streamer.
Responsive Objects - Many objects now respond to collisions. So if you fly into a ladder at the Air Race airport, the ladder will fall over. Barrels at the "Carnival" airport can be knocked over and pushed around by aircraft as well.
Multiplayer Collisions - You can now crash into other players when playing online.
New particle effects - Crash into the ground at Joe's Garage and see the dust spring from the ground. Hit a tree and leaves come out the other side. The Castle airport now has a fountain. When an aircraft breaks apart, pieces come out of the broken areas.
New Beginner Heli VFIs - Brian Bremer teaches the basics.
New Trainers - RealFlight G3.5 adds new "trainer" features. There is a Heli Hover Trainer, Airplane Hover Trainer, and a Heli Orientation Trainer. These trainers are like mini-games that encourage you to practice your R/C skills. The Heli Orientation Trainer is very challenging and requires that you pass each level to unlock a new level.
New Aircraft Editor Features - The menus have been reorganized and some helpful new features have been added. You may now select a component by clicking it in the wireframe display. You may now set the camera to Top, Side, or Front views with a button press. New hotkeys have been added as well. A new "Wave Generator" electronics component has been added, which can be used to flap a wing, rotate a beacon, twirl a streamer, or otherwise act as a servo would except that its input is time-based.
Animated Airport Objects - Many objects, such as the ferris wheel and the roller coaster at the Carnival airport, are now animated.
New Emitter Objects - You can now choose to add Sound, Fountain, and Smoke emitters to airports. We've added exhaust smoke to the truck at RealFlight Ranch and "moo" sounds to the cows at Green Valley.
Old 10-29-2006, 11:04 PM
JohnMcGowan

I got the beta version downloaded today, but the G3 locks up after a minute of flying! And then it asks if I want to send an error report to Knife Edge, which I tell it yes. Any chance of the beta version still not functioning as it should? It is not my computer up to the task because it had been handling the .448 version fine and the computer is a month old Dell.
Anyone else with the same problems as me? OR, should I delete the beta version and just wait for it to be publically released?
One more question, when the message does come up to ask if I want to send a error report, does knife edge act upon those reports, or what do they do with those and how can it help the user? I know I've never got a reply from them when sending any reports. Just curious.
Thanks,
John
Old 10-30-2006, 07:44 AM
heli_Rod

Hi John.

I haven't had any trouble with the Beta download. It runs fine on my computer. My processor is a AMD Athlon 3000+, 2.2 GHz and using a Connect 3D RADEON 9600 series 128M video card. I have seen problems with new the G3 add-ons 1 and 2, if you don't have enough RAM. I have 1 gig and wish I had more. Being a BETA version, there may also be some hardware compatibility problems they haven't worked out.

You might try re-downloading if you still want to mess with it, but it's mostly eye candy anyway. There are some physics changes though. I guess the neatest thing I saw was that parts fly out of the crashes now. It doesn't just come apart like before. Not exactly a requirement for learning, but neato!

Rod
Old 10-30-2006, 11:05 AM
JohnMcGowan

Yeah, I have 1 gig of ram too. As I stated earlier, the previous version(.448) ran well.
You think I should delete what I downloaded yesterday and re-install OR just reinstall over the existing new version? I actually had to turn off my power button on the computer tower because it would not even ley me control/alt/delete !! IT WAS FROZEN SOLID like a big block of ice. Any G3 techs out there? I actually did the email last report last night to rfsupport@greatplanes that included all my computer info and all that jazz. Anyone know about their turn around time answering emails ?
I figure they may be tied up a little since this new version just came out?
Thanks !
John
Old 10-30-2006, 04:16 PM
heli_Rod

I'd say being a BETA version, you probably won't get a response from the tech department. I do Beta testing on software and the engineers usually only respond to tests they are running, looking for specific problems or trying to swamp a system, causing errors to show up.

You might be better off re-installing G3 and wait for the final version to be released. Hopefully it will be more tolerant to different systems.

Rod
Old 10-30-2006, 04:19 PM
opjose

The "Beta" -IS- the final release code.

There is no different.

"Beta" is a misnomer on their part. They really should have called it, "Final Release candidate, no changes imminent", as what was distributed as the beta was announced to be the final code within a day or two.

Old 10-30-2006, 04:28 PM
JohnMcGowan

Opjose, how long does it take for the RF help desk to respond to an email( or should I delete and re-install?) - if you have questions regarding my problems with the newest version, , see my posts above.
Thanks!
John
Old 10-30-2006, 04:55 PM
opjose

If you want a quick response, you are best off calling them.

We haven't seen any freezing specifically attributable to G3.5.

Usually freezing is due to something else on the system.

G3.5 should bomb out if there is a code problem, etc.

Freezing tends to occur with drivers and/or hardware at a lower level.

Old 10-30-2006, 05:00 PM
JohnMcGowan

Ok, I wonder what the difference is on my machine between .448 version that worked well and the 3.5 new version that locks up?
A computer guru, I'm not
Old 10-30-2006, 05:02 PM
opjose

You may want to try reapplying the same update again.

There were a few reports that this cured similiar problems... usually due to a problem during the download.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.