Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

New RealFlight " RealFlight Lite"

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

New RealFlight " RealFlight Lite"

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2002, 12:06 AM
LeeU
My Feedback: (5)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New RealFlight " RealFlight Lite"

New RealFlight "RealFlight light"Yes there is going to be a new release of RealFlight in March, I don't know too much, but I do know that there has been problems with RealFlight G2 as well the standard when trying to use with USB port and Win XP. I guess that RealFlight is going to get rid of all but this sim "I was told". Get this, it will have the same computer requirments as RealFligt Delux, but will be based on Direct X 8.1 same as the Ripmax software demo I have been running on my laptop with great sucess... so I'm hoping slower computers and laptops will be supported. RealFlight Lite will be USB and starts at $129.00 sounds low but we can always hope. Lee
Old 02-06-2002, 01:20 AM
LeeU

Default RF Light update

Tower Hobbies just put the Light version on thier Web page, G2 IS NOT DISCONTINUED. Standard and Delux are, and the price is $129.00.Lee
Old 02-06-2002, 09:42 AM
Elwood
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Then what does this mean from Tower?

LA4593 Great Planes RealFlight G2 w/Mode 2 Tx Windows 199.99 Discontinued
Old 02-06-2002, 09:44 AM
Elwood

I might just start using FMS. I just downloaded it, and it runs great!
Old 02-15-2002, 04:18 PM
amcross

The new products will be G2 Lite with interlink (the replacement for classic) and the G2 with Interlink.

Sincerely,
Mrs. AnnMarie Cross
Senior Manager, Proprietary Service and Support
Great Planes Model Distributors
[email protected]
www.greatplanes.com
www.bestrc.com
Old 02-15-2002, 04:45 PM
wood

Default what does interlink mean?

What does interlink mean?
Old 02-15-2002, 09:10 PM
amcross

"Interlink" is a combination controller and interface to use your own radio, runs of the USB port.

Sincerely,
Mrs. AnnMarie Cross
[email protected]
www.greatplanes.com
www.bestrc.com
Old 02-15-2002, 09:14 PM
LeeU

Default interface cable

amcross,
When you say controller? do you mean a transmiter type device or a converter from anolog to digital interface.Lee
Old 02-16-2002, 02:44 AM
LeeU

Default RealFlight controler

amcross,
I looked at the only picture's of the new RF at Tower Hobbies, it looks as if you plug the RF transmiter into the computer then your own radio into the RF transmiter. I hope this is not the case and if it is can I get just a cable to plug my JR radio directly into my USB port. Lee
Old 02-16-2002, 03:30 AM
nedyob
My Feedback: (67)

Default QUESTION ABOUT REALFLIGHT LITE

I HAVE A FEW MORE QUESTIONS:

(1)WILL RF LITE OR THE NEW INTERLINK WHEN DOWN LOADED CHANGE ANY DOWN LOAD YOU AREADY HAVE ON G2,I DESIGNED MY OWN FLYING FIELD AND DOWN LOADED A FEW TRIM SCEEMS FROM RF SWAP PAGE?
THIS SOUNDS LIKE A QUESTION FOR AMCROSS!
THANK YOU
NEDYOB

I CHECKED WITH THE GREAT PLANES PEOPLE ABOUT THE NEW UP AND COMEING INTERLIK.
IF YOU ALREADY HAVE RF, RF DELUXE,OR G-2 UP GRADE ,THE INTERFACE WILL WORK WITH ALL SET UPS.WORKS BEST WITH G-2
THE NEW INTERLINK WILL BE AVAILABLE FROM TOWER AROUND MARCH 26,2002
THEY HAVE NOT DECIDED IF THOSE OF YOU WHO BOUGHT A RF G2 PRODUCT IN THE LAST YEAR. WHAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO DO WITH INTERFACE CABLE OR THE OLD RF TRANSMITTER.
I THINK YOU CAN STILL RUN THE OLD TYPE TRANSMITTER AND INTERFACE CABLE AND NOT HAVE TO BUY THE INTERLINK CABLE. HOPEFULLY GREAT PLANES WILL COME THROUGH AND SOMEHOW SOLVE THE PROBLEM.ANYWAY SHOULD BE INTERESTING IN THE UP COMING MOUNTHS.
NEDYOB
Old 02-16-2002, 03:01 PM
Elwood

The great part of a forum like this is that we can share experience and learn from each other. Since this is such a new product, why don't we e-mail GP for the answers, and then share them here? That might work out better for us all.
Old 03-16-2002, 07:47 AM
RcNorth

Anne Marie, with this new interlink available now, does that mean that those of us that have the parallel interface will not be able to get the 9C adaptor?

I would rather not go to a USB link, as all my USB ports are full with other devices. Since my printer in on another computer on my network, my parallel port is free.

Thanks

Dean
Old 03-16-2002, 01:38 PM
Elwood

Originally posted by Winpattern
Anne Marie, with this new interlink available now, does that mean that those of us that have the parallel interface will not be able to get the 9C adaptor?

I would rather not go to a USB link, as all my USB ports are full with other devices. Since my printer in on another computer on my network, my parallel port is free.

Thanks

Dean
I think if you have 2 USB ports on your PC, you can have A LOT of USB devices attached. You need a USB hub. Make sure it is powered! Not very expensive at all.

Elwood
Old 03-16-2002, 07:10 PM
RcNorth

Default 9C interface

Thanks Elwood, but I already have two hubs, one two port that is part of my keyboard, and another four port. They are all full with the following : mouse, Jornada cradle, web cam, card reader, digital camera, scanner. As you can tell I have a lot of stuff in my computer room already, I would rather not have to get another transmitter that will just sit there taking up space so that I can use my 9C. Assuming that they will have a cable for the 9C.

My point was that I already have the parallel interface that works great with other Futaba radios. But since I just purchased a 9C for close to $900cdn, I thought that I might be able to get a $10 cable that will work with the interface that I already bought from Great Planes. I shouldn't have to purchase another transitter just to hook up my own radio. I don't imagine that this interlink is going to be under $100 cdn.

Was the new plug design on the 9C really because it locks in so people can't knock it out, or is it another money grab. They are forcing everyone to buy all new accessories to go with this new radio.

I'm in the computer business and appriciate that things have to move forward. The same thing happened when USB came out, But there is usually some way to allow backwards compatibility. You will still get the USB to PS2 connection when you buy a new mouse. You have the option to get a USB board, but you don't have to.

I would just like the option. You force anyone down a path with no options, and you will get resistance.
Old 03-17-2002, 04:47 AM
Elwood

From usb.org

USB Info: Frequently Asked Questions

Q9: How many USB peripherals can I connect at once?
A9: Technically, you can connect up to 127 individual USB peripherals at one time. Due to the fact that some devices reserve USB bandwidth, the practical maximum of devices is less than the theoretical maximum. However, PCI-USB add-in cards provide an independent USB bus to which even more peripherals can be connected.

Just a FYI, FWIW.

Did you speak directly with GP support?
Old 03-17-2002, 05:51 AM
RcNorth

I know that you can connect a lot of USB devices to a system, I have been into computers since before the PC was available. My point is the cost of the interlink, and no cheaper alternative available.

I just don't think that I should be forced to spend a bunch more money on a new transmitter or "interlink" that I will never use.

I have tried several times to contact GP about this, a couple of times through the RealFlight web page, of which I don't remember ever getting a response. Also, when the 9C first came out last fall I asked when an interface for RealFlight and G2 would be available and what the approx. cost would be. They said that it would be available in January but would not say anything about the cost. Now I know why.

They want to sell me a $80us transmitter interface, that I will never use, just so that I can get an interface to my own radio. With the exchange rate and shipping the interlink is going to cost me around $150cdn. That is ridiculous. All I am looking for is a $10 cable that will attach to the interface that I already bought from GP for over $100.
Old 03-17-2002, 02:45 PM
LeeU

Default RF G2 cable

I agree with "Winpattern" but for a differant reason, I have a new Dell laptop with all the goodies of a desktop (two weeks old) I bought it because my old laptop would not run RF G2, it would run AutoCad 2000 3D and SolidWorks 2002 3D running huge
3D drawings. I really don't want to have to plug the RF transmiter into my laptop then my JR XP8103 into that. I don't like desk, I like the freedom of taking my computer out on the patio into bed or any place that my wife may be. I bought the New RF G2 anyway but now I have to go out and buy a wagon to carry every thing around with me.Lee
Old 03-22-2002, 12:56 AM
amcross

Winpattern,
Respectfully, please don't get overly uptight over any conspiracy theories ok? The new 9C plug is in place because it is an improvement and because problems were encountered with the older style over time. Believe me it would've been far easier for us to stay with the old plug! and the new plug has effected some sales -- negatively -- so that's definitely not a goal.

I BELIEVE the RealFlight adapter is coming, but even if it doesn't come from RealFlight first, several other brands are already releasing the exact same type of adapter to let you use the 9C with the existing sim interfaces. So you will not have to buy the USB unit if you don't want to do so.

The new interlink controller is both a controller (like the current realflight controller) and an interface (like the parallel interface) to use your own radio.

From now on G2 interlink and G2 lite will be the only 2 "stand alone" units sold. RC Pilot, Classic and Deluxe are all discontinued.

The USB unit works ONLY with the new generations and not with classic or deluxe. to use the USB interlink with classic or deluxe you must first upgrade to G2 and then buy the G2 to G2 Interlink upgrade to use the interlink.

Wen the interlinks ship they will NOT include the adapter for 9C, sorry! But you can use the 9C to 9C trainer cord to interface from the new interlink into the 9C.

The interfaces and old controllers will no longer be sold, but we will continue to support our products as always.

Sincerely,
Mrs. AnnMarie Cross
[email protected]
www.greatplanes.com
www.bestrc.com
Old 09-22-2002, 06:19 PM
k_ogre

Default g2 lite upgrade

well I think I goofed
after replaceing the tail boom on my eco and the fact that my ergo 60 is just about ready to fly I had to have real flight but all they had at my lhs was g2 lite well it sounded ok but I think I want to down load diffrent planes is there a upgrade from g2 lite to g2?
Old 09-23-2002, 11:53 AM
amcross

KOgre, yes, you can purchase an upgrade from G2 Lite to G2 USB.

GPMZ4215 UPGRD G2 LITE TO G2 SFTWR ONLY