Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

reflex?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 11:46 PM
profile540

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default reflex?

is the reflex a good sim to help with 3d skills?
Old 12-19-2006, 06:00 AM
Fly-guy

Default RE: reflex?

In a word.

No.

Reason being is that it is almost too hard to fly 3D. I am able to fly 3D quite well in real life yet on Reflex even the giant scale planes seem too hard. After flying the 3 big sims, Reflex, g3 and AFPD, AFPD wins hands down as far as 3D goes. Helis, it is probably 3rd however Reflex and G3 both being very close.
Old 12-19-2006, 12:43 PM
nose-over

Yes, It is. All the planes in ALL the sims can be made hard OR easy to fly. What you don't want is a sim that is too easy to fly. A little on the hard side will teach you a lot more than a little on the easy side. Better to look good at the flying field than good on the simulator. People just need to learn how to adjust parameters on Reflex. You can set up a plane to fly like a helium baloon, accurately or a little hard to really challenge yourself and make flying the real plane seem easy.
Old 12-20-2006, 01:36 AM
CanCanCase

Yep, Reflex is great. I've heard from several friends of the heli persuasion that Reflex is THE heli simulator. Honestly, I use all of the "big 5"... G3.5, Reflex, AFPD, FS One and PhoenixRC... I rotate them, sometimes 2 or 3 in a day. Each sim has its good and bad points, and Nose-Over is absolutely correct... get the plane's flight model adjusted to match what you'll be flying IRL and they'll all do great.

-Case