Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

Free Simulator Software?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Free Simulator Software?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 12:41 PM
Greenie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Free Simulator Software?

Someone sent me some links to free and low cost flight simulator software for PC. Does anyone know of any free or low cost simulators that are actually decent pieces of software?

I am new to the hobby and I am interested in simulators. I have Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 but I use a joystick with that, does anyone know if I can use a buddy box to interface with MFS 2004?

Thanks
Old 01-08-2007, 01:49 PM
perttime

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Free Simulator Software?

I found FMS to be good enough to teach me about the point of view that you have when flying RC. The planes also stall when flown too slowly.

It is not absolutely realistic but it helped me a lot.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:31 PM
Jimmbbo

Agree with perttime - FMS works well to learn the basics, especially the inputs required to fly to and from your position, basic flying, takeoffs and landings... There are patch cords available to connect your xmtr to your PC...

http://www.flying-model-simulator.com/

Besides, the price is right
Old 01-12-2007, 01:04 AM
skirtz

ORIGINAL: Greenie

Someone sent me some links to free and low cost flight simulator software for PC. Does anyone know of any free or low cost simulators that are actually decent pieces of software?

I am new to the hobby and I am interested in simulators. I have Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 but I use a joystick with that, does anyone know if I can use a buddy box to interface with MFS 2004?

Thanks
try [link=http://rcflightsim.com]ClearView[/link] - it is low cost but good
Old 01-12-2007, 06:08 PM
xlh1460

try ClearView - it is low cost but good
I second that. It is only $30 bucks which is almost free, is way better than FMS IMHO and the support is second to none.

Just to be fair, I have never tried any of the more expensive ones but so far haven't needed to.

I didn't like FMS all that much and never seemed to get around to using it.

Once I got ClearView I actually started spending time on the simulator and it is really helping.

I still suck but am getting better