Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

G3 contoler Q?

Old 01-13-2007, 01:41 AM
tonywayne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G3 contoler Q?

When you hook up your real controler to use with the G3 controler does it have to have power on?
Old 01-13-2007, 02:18 AM
CanCanCase

Default RE: G3 contoler Q?

Yep.

-Case
Old 01-13-2007, 11:06 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

You should also be aware of the fact that your tx will be transmitting when this is done. Some folks who have tx's with removable frequency modules pull those out, or at least extend one section of the antenna to keep the RF output circuit from overheating.
Old 01-17-2007, 09:37 AM
tonywayne

By removing the freq module what do you meen. The crystal? The radio ill be useing is a hitec. Tony
Old 01-17-2007, 02:07 PM
Zeeb

Some radios like the Futaba's I use as well as other brands and certain models have a removable frequency module which contains the crystal and RF circuitry. That allows you to change frequencies without having to send the tx in to a service center for a frequency change.

If your radio does not have this feature, then the advice about removing it is not valid for your situation. So if you can't turn off the tx output by pulling a module, you'll need to extend at least one section of your antenna to prevent the RF output circuitry in your tx from overheating which can possibly damage your tx.

Checking with the tx manufacturer for their recommendations about how to use your specific tx with a sim would be your best bet I think... [8D]
Old 01-17-2007, 04:02 PM
tonywayne

Thanks Zeeb. Just one more thing, this is a little off the sub but to change freq dont you just have to change crystals. Iv never heard of changing a hole module just to change freq. By changeing freq i meen changeing channels. or is there somthing im missing. Tony
Old 01-17-2007, 05:23 PM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: tonywayne

Thanks Zeeb. Just one more thing, this is a little off the sub but to change freq dont you just have to change crystals. Iv never heard of changing a hole module just to change freq. By changeing freq i meen changeing channels. or is there somthing im missing. Tony
Some models of transmitters have a removable section. It looks like part of the back of the transmitter. You'd never know the TX was that type unless you looked at it closely. That section contains the part of the radio that sends out the signal on a specific channel. Most radios don't have that part, but do have a small hole in the back where the crystal goes that works with the radio to define what channel the radio is going to transmit on. The few radios that have a module instead of just a crystal are usually expensive ones.

My JR8103 has a channel module design. It will take modules that transmit on different channels. It will also take a module that has a channel dial capability. That module can be dialed to any channel.

The law in the US is that unlicensed people cannot change the crystal in a transmitter to change it's channel. If you've got the simple, crystal controlled channel radio, you can't change it's crystal legally. But if you have one like my JR8103, you can change the channel modules.

You can change the crystal of a receiver legally. But you cannot change the crystal of a transmitter.

And nowadays, things are changing with radio equipment to make legal channel changing easier. But you still can't change the crystal in a TX, but can in a RX.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:09 PM
Zeeb

Tony,

Since darock answered your question about frequency changes/modules, I won't repeat it.

I saw your post about this sim use in the radio forum, see if you can get a moderator to move it to the Hitec support forum...