Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

FS One

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 03:23 PM
RC-Captain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS One

I think I am at the end of the line with buying simulators. It seems that their is always some problem occuring that every one thinks ! can be fixed via a patch. Well if FS One representitives are on RCU please help me get all of the patches I need to keep the program from closing when loading aircraft, after making changes and pushing OK, etc. Sometimes I have to load an aircraft three times to ge the thing to work. I am leaving a copy of my OS and computer specs so you will not have any doubt I don't have the proper set up to run the program.

Dell Dimension DXPO61
Intell(R)
Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80GHz
2.79GHz, 1.00 GB of RAM

C drive 71.3 GB total
58.9 GB FREE
Old 02-04-2007, 04:17 PM
FSOneDev

Default RE: FS One

ORIGINAL: RC-Captain

I think I am at the end of the line with buying simulators. It seems that their is always some problem occuring that every one thinks ! can be fixed via a patch. Well if FS One representitives are on RCU please help me get all of the patches I need to keep the program from closing when loading aircraft, after making changes and pushing OK, etc. Sometimes I have to load an aircraft three times to ge the thing to work. I am leaving a copy of my OS and computer specs so you will not have any doubt I don't have the proper set up to run the program.

Dell Dimension DXPO61
Intell(R)
Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80GHz
2.79GHz, 1.00 GB of RAM

C drive 71.3 GB total
58.9 GB FREE
I recommend calling Hangar9 customer service. Real-time two-way voice communication is best for solving this sort of problem.

You should download the 1.0.4 patch from the FS One website: [link=http://www.fsone.com/Downloads/Default.aspx]http://www.fsone.com/Downloads/Default.aspx[/link]

After installing the patch, be sure to recalibrate your controller.

Also, which type of graphics card and sound card are you using?
Old 02-04-2007, 04:37 PM
RC-Captain

NVIDIA GeFORCE 7300 LE is the grapics card. I bought this computer just so I can run this soft ware so I know it is meeting the requirements. I down loaded the 1.04 patch and recalibrated the controller . It seem s as if problems only occur with the heli's

Do you recommend using DVI or VGA for the monitor connection?
Old 02-04-2007, 06:07 PM
MSelig

NVIDIA GeFORCE 7300 LE is the grapics card. I bought this computer just so I can run this soft ware so I know it is meeting the requirements. I down loaded the 1.04 patch and recalibrated the controller . It seem s as if problems only occur with the heli's

DVI will give you a better image.

For the problem you're having, can you try resetting the options, and let me know if that fixes it? Here's the approach:

http://www.inertiasoft.com/fsonefaq/#Q1048-FS1

Michael
Old 02-04-2007, 06:44 PM
RC-Captain

For the problem you're having, can you try resetting the options, and let me know if that fixes it? Here's the approach:

I set the messafges according to what you sugested and this is the error message I receive when trying to fly the voyager 50 w/training gear.

The instruction at Ox004a07e6 referenced memory at '0x000000000' The memory could not be read.

I deleted and reloaded the program twice already .
Old 02-04-2007, 07:01 PM
MSelig

Humm ... I think the best approach is then to call Horizon Product Support @ (877) 504-0233. They can help you out.

Michael
Old 02-04-2007, 07:08 PM
FSOneDev

A few more questions (to try to help):

1) Can you run the sim with fixed-wing aircraft or do you encounter similar problems?

2) What controller are you using? The TacCon or your own transmitter?
Old 02-04-2007, 07:21 PM
RC-Captain

No the airplanes seem to load with out any problems , and the controller I am using is the TacCon V1.0
Old 02-04-2007, 08:05 PM
FSOneDev

No the airplanes seem to load with out any problems , and the controller I am using is the TacCon V1.0
Ok, you mentioned that the Voyager 50 w/training gear does not work. Can you run any other helis successfully, or do all helis not work for you?

Also, which OS are you running? XP or Vista?
Old 02-04-2007, 08:25 PM
RC-Captain

the blade cx and cx w/training just worked but when I tried the Bladecp cp w/ training and then the voyarger the error message occured and or the screen closed.
Old 02-04-2007, 10:08 PM
FSOneDev

the blade cx and cx w/training just worked but when I tried the Bladecp cp w/ training and then the voyarger the error message occured and or the screen closed.
It sounds like the Voyager w/training data files may be corrupted. Since fixed-wing aircraft work and other helis work, this seems the likely problem.

Also, it would probably be worthwhile to call Hangar9 tomorrow (Monday) and get two-way feedback to do other tests and get this corrected.

Which operating system are you using? XP or Vista?
Old 02-05-2007, 07:06 AM
RC-Captain

I am using XP home edition. If it's the files then whats keeping it from loading properly ? or better yet why is this problem bouncing around as I try different things with this Simulator. I will try to get home early enough to contact them. Thanks for all of your input.

Old 02-05-2007, 08:47 AM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If it's the files then whats keeping it from loading properly ?
The data could be corrupt on the source. The files could have been installed corrupt. Reinstalling may simply repeatedly install bad files. The corrupt souce problem may or may not be caught by the installer. Or the corruption might be caused by the install itself.

or better yet why is this problem bouncing around as I try different things with this Simulator.
The bouncing misses the bad files sometimes. What happens with one chopper happens because it's got a bad file. What happens with another works because that one doesn't need the bad file or has files that are good. The choppers that do encounter problems might be actually seeing different types of corruption, or the same type corruption that happened to different types of files.

It's also possible that the install process has a problem with some location on the source media that contains data for a number of choppers but you've not tried them all, or there is only a small problem that affects just a few.

Old 02-05-2007, 05:59 PM
CanCanCase

I've run into this particular error before in another sim... Uninstall and re-install your video card drivers... maybe even re-seat your video card. At least it worked for me... what was happening was that different models called on different parts of the GPU to render... in my case it was the shadow cast on a wing when I raised flaps in G3... Any model with flaps would crash the program when it tried to load the collision mesh and render the flaps (and what was under them).

If you're using an ATI video card, be sure to download their driver un-installer and use it... I assume nVidia has a similar tool?

-Case

I set the messafges according to what you sugested and this is the error message I receive when trying to fly the voyager 50 w/training gear.

The instruction at Ox004a07e6 referenced memory at '0x000000000' The memory could not be read.

I deleted and reloaded the program twice already .
Old 02-06-2007, 08:25 PM
RC-Captain

OK OK OK just an update after talking to an inertiasoft representitive yesterday. I updated my drivers for NVIDIA GFORCE 7300 and now can load, fly , switch aircraft , without any error messages. I really don't understand why this helped but I am glad I tried.

One problem I am experiencing now is the last heli, by JR with the turbines on it, will not reset after a crash. Does anyone know why ?

Thanks.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:40 AM
Skarn

Try the "start engine" key when it doesn't reset. I've had that happen occassionally where it acutually does reset back to the uncrashed location, but it won't power up. I did the start engine and it worked fine.

Good luck,
Skarn
Old 02-07-2007, 06:27 PM
RC-Captain

Skarn thanks a million ! You are exactly right . The J button starts the engine and off I went.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:20 PM
tcclong

I tried installing FS One the other night. I took about 4 hours! After it said it was done, I tried opening the program. I see a black screen for a second and then it quickly disappears. I've rebooted many times and tried it over and over. Same thing every time. I just bought a new laptop, which came with Vista. Will this thing run with Vista at all, or do I need to just get my money back?
Old 02-19-2007, 09:07 PM
RC-Captain

hello TCCLONG , if you have the time please tell me what your Laptop specifications are . IE : processor speed; memory; disk drive space; video card.

It sounds as if you need to upgrade FS ONE and your video card even though your computer is new.

Old 02-19-2007, 10:43 PM
tcclong

My Laptop is a Dell Inspiron 1501. I have a AMD Turion X2 Dual Processor with 1G ram and an ATI Radeon X1150 integrated video with 256MB hypermemory. I have about 60 GB free hard drive space. The program installs "successfully". There is some message in the black screen, but it's hard to read because it disappears so quickly. I think it said something about the program already running.
Old 02-19-2007, 10:48 PM
RC-Captain

I had the SAME proplem . First upgrade your video card drivers then let me know if that helps . If you want to go further than that before emailing me back upgrade the FS ONE . They had a few patches early on . The simulator is outstanding once you get it to run properly.
Old 02-21-2007, 12:41 AM
tcclong

I uninstalled FS One and re-installed the program again. I then updated the ATI video drivers to all the latest ones. That didn't help. I downloaded the latest FS One patch - that didn't help. I also downloaded Direct X and installed that. That didn't help either. Not sure what else to do. I still get 2 black screens that pop up for a second and then disappear. What is the problem with this thing?
Old 02-21-2007, 07:07 AM
RC-Captain

Assuming you know nothing about computers or loading software I have to ask,

1 before loading software did you turn of your antivirus program ? You said it took 4 hours to load , this represents your virus scan is on while loading the the four disc.

2 your said you downloaded latest drivers , this sounds like you went to your hardware file and hit update amd the computer told you , all latest drivers are installed on the computer. It will not search the internet for if you did it this way.

3 other than that you said you have 60 GB of hard disk space , how much do you have free?

I read somthing last night QandA for another simulator and it was mentioned running 3d software on Laptops normally causes problems. Tyr contacting inertiasoft and give them as much information as possible.

4 too high screen resolution also causes black screens . try lowering the resolution and see what happens.
Old 02-21-2007, 09:01 PM
tcclong

Thanks RC Captain for all your help on this. I do appreciate it!

I work with computers all the time, so I am pretty familar with them. I haven't done too much with high end games, however. My hard drive is 80 GB - I have about 60 GB free. I did go to the ATI website and got the latest set of drivers for my video card. It's all up to date. I also downloaded the latest version of Direct X from the microsoft website. I have a friend who ran G3 on a couple different laptops with no problems. I did disable the antivirus software before installing FS One. I have also tried different resolutions and changed about every video setting I can find. Nothing helps. The screen starts to come up and then just disappears - no error messages, no nothing.

I called Horizon Hobbies technical support today. No help there either. They had me run through a bunch of checks, but everything was fine. They supposedly elevated it to a Tier 2 ticket, and are supposed to call me back sometime.

Does anybody have any ideas?
Old 02-21-2007, 09:29 PM
RC-Captain

Ok , I will continue until we solve this matter . I am not a technician , but I have solved the same problem and a few more by hounding it out. Now ...........You have upgraded the drivers , video card and etc but did you try to reload the discs one more time ? It should not take 4 hours to load with your laptops specifications. So I would start there . Load the discs with out anything else running if you didn't before if you did great. Did you register the software ? I think some how this counts but I don't know why. You never mentioned the name of your Operating System . Also check your color quality setting mine is set for 34 bit. If you are getting annoyed I will stop , but I don't mind trying to help you .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.