Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

What am I doing wrong - can't get xp to recognize the radio

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

What am I doing wrong - can't get xp to recognize the radio

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 10:34 PM
derdeb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What am I doing wrong - can't get xp to recognize the radio

Hi there,

I'm trying to get my 6 channel Max 6 radio to work with windows under my parallel port. I've installed ppjoy, chose LPT1, chose RadioTX and windows installed the drivers automatically. So far so good. I even went into the debug mode and heard the buzzing noise that tells me that the port is working fine (the buzzing noise only happens when the controller is off though...not sure if that's right).

Anyways...when I go to configure the calibration under the XP game controller (LPT1:PPM interface Radio control TX 1), windows refuses to recognize any movements made by the radio. When it tells me to move the stick around, nothing happens.

I read that the controller should be in PPM mode but I don't know how to check if my radio is or not.

I'm going nuts trying to figure this out. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:04 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts
Default RE: What am I doing wrong - can't get xp to recognize the radio

I can't answer your question with absolute certainty since I'm not a computer guru, but XP is a derivative of the old Windows NT and when Microsoft came out with that 32 bit program, they elected to isolate the parallel ports from the OS as a security measure I believe. So those ports are pretty much limited to outgoing data not incoming, so I suspect that you'll need either a USB or serial port interface.

Hopefully one of the more computer literate folks will chime in here as well if I've goofed up on my theory of why you can't get it to work...
Old 02-20-2007, 05:45 PM
derdeb

Hmm...

That really sucks. I guess all the new controllers use a USB connection. I'm finding out that the whole RC scene has a pretty steep learning curve...
Old 02-21-2007, 10:39 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Well the initial learning curve is or can be, pretty steep...[X(]

But there is a lot of information you can pick up here if you'll spend some time doing it. It won't take long for you to start understanding things and like other forums, some folks here can/will be more helpful than others.

Finding a local club to join would probably help you a lot since there are things that you will just have a really hard time picking up without hands on help.

Welcome to the hobby!
Old 02-21-2007, 03:53 PM
derdeb

Thanks,

See ya around the forums.