Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

Real Flight support unresponsive and dissatisfying

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Real Flight support unresponsive and dissatisfying

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 04:31 AM
JuanPu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Real Flight support unresponsive and dissatisfying

I wrote Real Flight ([email protected]) last Sunday night since my RealFlight 3.0 bought at Tower Hobbies two years ago and recently updated to version 3.50.033 has detected there is a new vesion (3.50.044), but rejects being updated by internet, referring me back to technical support.

Monday morning they answered me that my license was identified as a pirated one (wasn't Real Flight protected by its requirement of a proprietary USB controller to work??). They also suggested me to contact my dealer.

We are sorry, but we will be unable to complete your product registration password reset request. It has been determined that the serial number you are using is a pirated product serial number and is no longer being supported. If you purchased your copy of RealFlight used, we strongly recommend that you contact your original place of purchase for assistance.
I in turn responded with an e-mail that included a pic of all my stuff (CDs, printed matters, controller) and the pair of e-mails from Tower Hobbies related to my order ("Thank you for placing your order with Tower Hobbies!" and "Your Tower Hobbies Order has shipped" ones), and asked them some questions:

If it is a pirated product, please explain to me how is that I have all the stuff I've just photographed??? (see attached pic).

And how do you explain the attached TowerHobbies mails that document my purchase?

And how is that I was able to install 3.5 without hassle?

And how is that you offered me technical assistance in the past?

How do you determine that a serial number is pirated?

Please correct this puzzling situation.
Well, it seems they have decided this time not to answer me... so I'm really upset for this lack of politeness, besides the offense of telling me I'am using a pirate license.

Has someone suffered this type of problem?

Is it possible to have a RF G3.5 working pirate license?

Has someone suffered this type of treatment?

Any suggestion?

Regards.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt57358.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	631461  
Old 02-28-2007, 02:21 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 350 Likes on 280 Posts
Default RE: Real Flight support unresponsive and dissatisfying

Actually I found quite the opposite. Being a computer network tech I was not happy about calling them in the first place but he recognized me as a professional when I told him my problem, immediately identified the problem (my video card) and gave me several suggestions for upgrades or a work around. It was a refreshing change from what I was used to as far as calling support lines with the possible exception of the Dell Enterprise Servers support, but we pay big bucks to have a direct line to those folks.

Also I had a minor problem with installing the old Expansion Pack 1 released for G2 in my G3, this time I just emailed them and within an hour I had a link for a problem descripton complete with a patch and that was resolved.
Old 02-28-2007, 02:27 PM
JuanPu

The earlier experience I mention in the quoted mail was like yours.

Meager consolation for my current woes.

Old 03-02-2007, 03:10 AM
JuanPu

After resending my mail I've received a totally different response.

I understand your concerns, unfortunately your serial number is showing up as a potential pirated copy. From what you've supplied it's clear you did purchase a copy of RealFlight G3, how ever we still need to forward this up to the proper people so that they can make a decision on what to do. Rest assured I've passed this along to proper people and I'll will get in touch to let you know what happens. Again, I'm sorry this has happened and we'll do everything we can to get it taken care of in a timely manner, how ever when these come up flagged like this until we get authorization we can't reset the registration. Thanks!
We'll see...
Old 03-02-2007, 08:19 AM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

rudeness begets rudeness
Old 03-02-2007, 12:20 PM
Dan767
My Feedback: (19)

I have had excellent support from them. Called two weeks ago regarding installation on a computer with Vista OS. They were great to me.
Old 03-02-2007, 12:35 PM
JuanPu

The mood of the last response is along that line, and I welcome it.

Wait to see the final outcome.