Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

G2 white screen & choppy sound

Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

G2 white screen & choppy sound

Old 02-22-2003, 09:02 PM
rubicon02

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G2 white screen & choppy sound

Ive had g2 version 2.00.219 on the shelf for quite awhile. while dormant i upgraded to windows xp pro. installed g2 & i get a white screen with choppy background music. i think i need an update. g2 control panel online updates tells me to register. ill register and im told my software is already registerd. i dont remember if i ever registered when i purchased & i sure dont remember a password i wouldve used. no one at tech support noluck at gpsoftware, realflight.com, or knife edge. can i get an update from some other source or will i have to wait until mon-fri 800-700. can someone help me out?
Old 02-22-2003, 11:15 PM
Live Wire

Go to Real Flight support ( for got my pass word ) and go through the procedure. If you got it new but if you bought used good luck unless you remember who you bought it from and get the info from him. Or did you lone it to some one that may have registered it in their name.
Old 02-23-2003, 12:44 AM
aceisback
My Feedback: (1)

I don't know if this is the same problem I had or not, but if G2 is starting with just a white screen after the program loads, try turning off the fog. Whenever I install or reinstall G2 on my XP, the fog is always on after the first start of the program. Kinda stupid I think for fog to be set on as default. As far as the sound, I can't help there.

Good Luck!
Ace
Old 02-24-2003, 02:54 AM
Kanain

Rubicon -

You will have to wait until Monday and call support. The are pretty good about giving help if you registered at one time. Have your Serial number ready.

As for your white screen problem - what graphixs card are you using? Update your drivers to the latest and greatest and make sure that "fog table emulation" is checked in your Direct 3D setting of your card. That will fix the white screen issue, but you are going to want and NEED to upgrade to verion 2.00.592. There were some major problems with newer video drivers and G2.

If you need more help, let me know. I have several posts on Knife edge softwares forum addressing G2 issues. Listed under Kanain.

Take care.
Old 02-24-2003, 02:54 AM
Kanain

Rubicon -

You will have to wait until Monday and call support. They are pretty good about giving help if you registered at one time. Have your Serial number ready.

As for your white screen problem - what graphixs card are you using? Update your drivers to the latest and greatest and make sure that "fog table emulation" is checked in your Direct 3D setting of your card. That will fix the white screen issue, but you are going to want and NEED to upgrade to verion 2.00.592. There were some major problems with newer video drivers and G2.

If you need more help, let me know. I have several posts on Knife edge softwares forum addressing G2 issues. Listed under Kanain.

Take care.
Old 02-25-2003, 04:50 PM
Joe Ortiz
My Feedback: (75)

I don't have a simulator software but I did have problems with my sounds on high end games, If you are currently using onboard sound on your computer, I sudgest that you get a higher quality sound card like Sound Blaster Live and disable the computers onboard sound, this cured my choppy sound problem, hope this helps.
Joe