Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

G2 question

Old 02-26-2003, 08:48 AM
MachinShin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G2 question

I purchased the RealFlight G2 simulator some time back to aid in learning to fly heli's. After some time playing with the settings on both the heli and software radio, I learned not only the basics of flying heli's, but also quite a bit about setting up radio settings. Up until this point I had been using the software radio for all mixing as I only had an old 4 channel transmitter and the supplied "simulated" transmitter to fly with.

Recently, I purchased the JR 8103 transmitter and have been trying to get this to work with the G2 simulator. I decided to "dump" the software radio and perform all mixing within the actual radio in an effort to practice setting up the radio for the real heli I was planning on purchashing. Everything seemed to be alright until the throttle was increased above about the 3/4 stick point. Then the gyro seemed lose all control and the heli started to spin violently.

After playing around with the settings on both the helicopter and radio for some time, I realized that it sounds like the engine is becoming bogged down when collective is increased (not sure if this is truly accurate on the simulator however). I've been able to minimize the effect by decreasing the maximum pitch setting on the heli and also by limiting the collective curve on the radio to 70% of max throw. I still occasionally run into trouble when flying with full collective and then add full cyclic, but at least the trouble is currently minimized.

I would really like to find the source of this trouble and be able to solve it, however, as I would really like to have full collective ability once again to be able to practice some more extreme maneuvers. I have tried everything I can think of (I have even set the radio settings exactly the same as the software radio settings were previously) but can not seem to fully correct the problem (just cover up the symptoms). I just don't see why this problem would only occur without the software radio when both radios are set up identically.

This problem occurs with every heli in the simulator and I have HH gyro equipped and always on.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Brian