Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

USB Joystick with RealFlight G3.5

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

USB Joystick with RealFlight G3.5

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 08:43 PM
enricong

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default USB Joystick with RealFlight G3.5

I have been using FMS with Logitech Dual Action for a while. I have found it is decent for airplanes but not for helicopters. It could have something to do with the models I'm using.

I've heard alot of great things about RealFlight but it is quite expensive.

I found a free download on KE to try however it seems that I can only use the keyboard.
The graphics look nice and the helicopter seems to behave more realisticly.

I'd like to find a way to use my USB joystick with the demo but I can't figure it out or its not possible.

I even seeked out the "illegal" full version of the software but I could not get it to work with the joystick either. It also would only start properly maybe 1 out of 10 times. The other times, the graphics would be all garbled up and I would get a message saying something like "an error has occured"

I'm willing to buy the software but I'm not willing to invest so much money without giving it a try. I'm also concerned about the odd behavior I was seeing on my computer but that could have been due to anything.

I'd try it at my local hobby store but they dont have a setup with realflight to try.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:54 AM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: USB Joystick with RealFlight G3.5

ORIGINAL: enricong

I have been using FMS with Logitech Dual Action for a while. I have found it is decent for airplanes but not for helicopters. It could have something to do with the models I'm using.

I've heard alot of great things about RealFlight but it is quite expensive.

I found a free download on KE to try however it seems that I can only use the keyboard.
The graphics look nice and the helicopter seems to behave more realisticly.

I'd like to find a way to use my USB joystick with the demo but I can't figure it out or its not possible.

I even seeked out the "illegal" full version of the software but I could not get it to work with the joystick either. It also would only start properly maybe 1 out of 10 times. The other times, the graphics would be all garbled up and I would get a message saying something like "an error has occured"

I'm willing to buy the software but I'm not willing to invest so much money without giving it a try. I'm also concerned about the odd behavior I was seeing on my computer but that could have been due to anything.

I'd try it at my local hobby store but they dont have a setup with realflight to try.

Since you've already used pirated software to try to solve your dilemma.......... and that failed...............

The illegal version and discussion of same is what you may or may not have noticed in the rules for this website that you were supposed to have read and agreed to.