Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

RFG2 Q: Did they switch the impala from piezo to HH in an update?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

RFG2 Q: Did they switch the impala from piezo to HH in an update?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2003, 02:00 PM
johnmoorejohn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RFG2 Q: Did they switch the impala from piezo to HH in an update?

Hi All! My first time post here.

I mucked around with G2 last night for the first time in a year or so. Last time I flew the impala, it seemed to have a piezo gyro. Did they switch the default in an update to have a HH governor instead?

I switched it back to the piezo set on 40%, but it still didn't feel the same as it used to. Is there another setting that they updated? Or does anyone know where I can get the original settings?

The main difference I want back is the weathervaning. I grew accustomed to the tail following the head. It seems much easier to fly a heli this way. And, when I get a real heli, I'll probably start with a piezo.

Can anyone help?
Old 03-14-2003, 09:07 PM
johnmoorejohn

Well, last night I uninstall G2, reloaded it and flew the impala without updating anything. It weathervaned. Not surprising, except that when I checked the gyro tab page, it was still in HH!

I saved the impala before updating. After updating, it flew a bit different but still weather vaned. Not bad, but I did notice that as I up the pitch/thottle I get a bit more spin than before the update.

So, there must be a little of everything going on. Meaning the settings changed a bit for the impala as well as the overall physics for the sim.

Now, I'm just gunna look for a line by line compare program, that will show me what's different in the .heli file.

Either way, it's easier to fly.
Old 03-20-2003, 03:22 AM
Jaffray
My Feedback: (5)

Impala is in "normal" mode when the Idle-up is set at "Hover", and in HH when in "Idle -up" on my G-2 as default.