Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Download Problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2003, 02:28 AM
TimC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Download Problems

Went to a websight and loaded a new plane for my G-2. How do I transfer it from my harddrive into the RealFlight? I'm new to computers so plain language would help.
Old 03-20-2003, 06:22 PM
GarySS
My Feedback: (13)

Did you figure it out?
Old 03-20-2003, 07:23 PM
TimC

Negative. I'm a computer doofus.
Old 03-20-2003, 09:02 PM
GarySS
My Feedback: (13)

OK....well, I need a little more info. In the meantime what was the site that you downloaded from? You said it was a plane; was it a plane that you already have in your G2 software or add-on? It already has to be in your G2 software. For instance the CAP 232 is in most G2 setups. If you downloaded the 3dCap232 you will be alright.

Or was it a just a different color scheme of one of your planes? Either way the process is generally the same.

Where on your computer did you down load it to? If it was a "plane" during the download you should have pointed to C:/ then "Programs" then "Real Flight", then "Planes". If you were downloading a color scheme" then it should go to "schemes". I am not at my computer now so those last items in the string might be slightly different......you should recognize them from the term used.

OK, lets assume that you did that. Now you will have to "install" the "plane" or the"color scheme". To do that you need to start up your "Windows Explorer". Once this is open you just follow the same progression as above: C, Programs, RealFlight, Planes, or Color Schemes. Then place your cursor on the downloaded "Plane" file. Click on it (maybe a double click) and follow the instructions to the end on "Finish".

Then restart G2 and load the plane that you wanted from the menu.

Let us know if this works or if you need further clarification.

I don't plan on being back online until Friday morning,however to check.
Old 03-22-2003, 12:42 AM
TimC

Thanks GarySS. I figured it out with your instructions. I was trying to make it harder than it was.