Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

FSone is very hard to setup!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

FSone is very hard to setup!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 09:21 AM
Joey V.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FSone is very hard to setup!!!

I finally pulled the trigger and bought the FSone last night without the transmitter version so I could use my own. Well let me tell you I was so frustrated after three hours I still don't have the controller setup correctly.[:@][:@] In all fairness, I only tried to calibrate the controller for two of the three hours because it took the first hour just to load the CD's! As for directions hah what directions! You need to go to the Hanger 9 website to see some real help and to do it I had to shutdown the sim to go out to the web many times. Lucky for me I have a couple of laptops so one was on the hanger site and the other one the sim. As for telephone help I am sure it is wonderful. Problem is they are only available from 8-5pm Central when the whole rest of the world is working and not playing with a simulator!!! WIth my horrible temper I am lucky to still have a working laptop and transmitter[>:] I will say this for it the flight it feels one to one to the real thing. I tried a few Sim's at the hobby stores around town and man is it true to life more than the others. I can't believe it is sooooooo hard to setup using your own controller though. Anyone know if it is just plug and go with the stock Tacon transmitter? Also, does anyone know if they are going to add more airplanes to it? In the selection department it is real slim pickins with only maybe 20 or so airplanes. Out of the 20 maybe 6 of them are fun to fly the rest are like stupid aerobirds, trainers, and gliders. No offense to the glider folks out there who fly gliders. There wasn't even a 300 Extra to fly. I mean who doesn't include a 300 it is like the go to third airplane for those who are learning aerobatics......
Good luck FSone bro's!
Joey V.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:29 AM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: FSone is very hard to setup!!!

Sorry I can't really help you.....but any sim takes a bit of time.....
what kind of problems are you having?

but, I'm sorry to say (and REALLY this is just in good fun....)

Problem is they are only available from 8-5pm Central when the whole rest of the world is working and not playing with a simulator!!!
Or posting on RCU
Old 09-14-2007, 12:59 PM
RealtyViking

Joey V.,

Tacon is plug and play as all of the planes and helis are already set up , although many users have had a problem if they do not follow the instructions to calibrate the Tacon. I would recommend that you get the Tacon because you can just leave it plugged in and ready to go without wearing out your "real" radio. Plus, you can enjoy the program and get comfortable before pulling your hair out.

Micheal (mselig) and Brian (FSOneDev) from Inertiasoft created the program and do frequent the forums. If you have a specific question or problem they will generally answer and if they do not know they will find out.

As far as planes go, I prefer the Ultimate TOC scaled down and electric powered (thanks mselig) that can do anything I can think of until now.

FSOne is releasing an expansion pack anytime. They have downloadable F-22 and P-51. The only plane in the expansion pack that has been confirmed is the showtime. I would personally like to see a Sopwith Camel, P-38 and the new Blade 400 heli, but we will all find out when they release it soon.

If you have a couple days to kill you should take a look through the FSOne main thread. [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4224555/tm.htm]FSOne by Hanger 9[/link]
Old 09-14-2007, 04:03 PM
FSOneDev

Joey V -- We can try to help if you can provide some details of the problems you are having. When using the TracCon, things are rather plug-n-play as RealityViking suggests. It takes a bit of effort to setup a transmitter, however, but we can try to help you via the forum. Telephone support is best, but I understand that it's often difficult to get help after-hours...

Do you want to try to get help via the forum?
Old 09-29-2007, 12:21 PM
sledn1000

I loaded the FS one and the 1.07 update and calibrated the controller-all seems well (plane controls,audio and video)except the flight only lasts about 5 seconds(plane nor computer is crashing).Plane controls all seem well,but I have to relaunch even though the plane never got near the ground.Any Ideas why??
Old 09-29-2007, 04:37 PM
FSOneDev

ORIGINAL: sledn1000

I loaded the FS one and the 1.07 update and calibrated the controller-all seems well (plane controls,audio and video)except the flight only lasts about 5 seconds(plane nor computer is crashing).Plane controls all seem well,but I have to relaunch even though the plane never got near the ground.Any Ideas why??
Are you using the TacCon or your own Tx? If using the TacCon, be sure to activate every switch and button, including the InstantUp and Reset buttons as well as the toggle switches. If you are using your own Tx, be sure to move each channel input through its full range and then center it before completing calbration. Sometimes, if everything is not calibrated properly, the InstantUp or Reset function will be tripped inadvertently.

If this does not solve your problem, provide more details -- which plane are you flying at which field and what exactly happens when the plane crashes? Is it flying along and suddenly apprears on the ground? Or is it something else? It may be resetting to the ground, which can be fixed through a full and proper recalibration.

Give some more info and we'll try to get things working for you.
Old 09-29-2007, 06:26 PM
sledn1000

Thank You--As per above,all I had to do was recalibrate the remote!
Old 09-29-2007, 06:50 PM
FSOneDev

ORIGINAL: sledn1000

Thank You--As per above,all I had to do was recalibrate the remote!
Excellent! Thanks for the reply.
Old 10-01-2007, 12:25 AM
nbrcflyer

Watch out, Futaba owners. Just bought FSone yesterday, I am installing it tonight (its now 9:36 pm) the box clearly states adaptors for JR, HiTec/Futaba. I have three Futabas CAP9, CAP7, and buddy box All have the rectangular plug. You don"t get an adaptor for the rectangular Futaba plug. They are more than happy to sell you one for $13 + ship and handling. Sorry guys I didn't realize HiTec/Futaba meant HiTec and some other Futaba than the ones I have. I know I'm supposed to be real sweet and nice and tell everyone how wonderful the world is, but this is frustrating, and its the truth. I will have to take time from work tomorrow to call and see what my options are. I will probably spend more money and get their TacCon controller, I know Horizon is the JR distributor and doubt if they have much interest in connecting to Futaba. Sorry guys I know Horizon and Hanger 9, have or had many of there great airplanes P-51, AT-6, funtana X 100, etc, and other products ie, Saito engines. They just upset me with this.