Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

weird...planes look almost "chrome"....why??

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

weird...planes look almost "chrome"....why??

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 09:49 PM
JEFFRO503
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default weird...planes look almost "chrome"....why??

hey guys.....it's not really a problem , but i had been using G3.0 for the longest time ,and finally downloaded and installed the G3.5 patch. What's the deal with the airplanes looking so shiney , that they almost look like they are chrome? It's almost "translucent" looking. I like the older scew of the color scheme's better.......so they don't burn the friggin retina's out of my eye's. Anyone know how to mellow this out a little and get a little dullish color back onto the airplanes. The heli's don't look that bad , it's just the airpplanes for some reason.

any help here would be good. Thanks guys!

Jeff
Old 10-08-2007, 10:34 AM
JEFFRO503
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: weird...planes look almost "chrome"....why??

well......haven't heard of any similar problems here from anyone else here. I have no clue on what it could have been.

UPDATE : I ended up uninstalling G3.5 , and re-installing it...........same thing. so i uninstalled it again , and this time , i didn't run the 3.5 patch , i just left the sim at G3.0......and all the problems we're gone. hmmm??
Old 10-08-2007, 10:41 AM
nothinbetr2do

that's crazy, i had no such problems when i up-graded. the planes looked fine. sorry i can't really help you, maybe someone with a better computer back ground or a mod will jump in and try to help you out
Old 10-08-2007, 01:59 PM
Bugzilla

go to the source. ask the tech guys at knifeedge.com. not plugging another site here, just sayin it might be better to ask the folks that actually made the program.
Old 10-08-2007, 02:17 PM
Bad_Daddy

Maybe your video card was adequate for 3.0 but isn't quite up to grade with 3.5. I had to upgrade my video card for that reason.
Try reducing the video requirements by disabling some of the shadow, background texturing, trees waving, etc to see if it makes a difference.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:22 PM
Kavik Kang

ORIGINAL: JEFFRO503

hey guys.....it's not really a problem , but i had been using G3.0 for the longest time ,and finally downloaded and installed the G3.5 patch. What's the deal with the airplanes looking so shiney , that they almost look like they are chrome? It's almost "translucent" looking. I like the older scew of the color scheme's better.......so they don't burn the friggin retina's out of my eye's. Anyone know how to mellow this out a little and get a little dullish color back onto the airplanes. The heli's don't look that bad , it's just the airpplanes for some reason.

any help here would be good. Thanks guys!

Jeff
I would do what another poster suggested and ask the developer about it. If they are actually "glowing" or if panels of them really do look like "chrome", as you say, it sounds as though that is some type of graphics glich and not intented to look like that. What you can do first is ensure that you have the latest drivers for your video card. Incorrect colors are exactly the type of glich you might expect if their patch does not support outdated video drivers that you may be using. So first update the drivers for your video card and try it again, because that's the first thing that they will tell you to do. If you still have this problem after updating the drivers, then contact the developer. Then when they ask you if you have updated the drivers and you say "yes, I tried that already", they can skip right ahead to actually figuring out what is wrong:-)