Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

Which one? Patches and more patches

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Which one? Patches and more patches

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 06:49 AM
JL636
My Feedback: (79)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which one? Patches and more patches

First of all, I'm in the market for a simulator. I presently have a G2 and it is fun, but thats it-fun. I want a sim that will sharpen my skills, not just take up time. I see that there is a G4 coming out and also have done alot of reading when it comes to the FS 1. Here is the problem. A good portion of the posts deal with a patch for this and a patch for that. I'm not going to buy a sim and then worry which patch/fix is around the next corner. I suppose that I asking for the moon but hey, its my money and I want what is advertized and I want it to work. I just bought a new Dell with more than enough git-up-n-go to handle the requirements so that will not be an issue. I've always got a lot of good feedback from the readers and that is what I'm looking for now. Thanks Joe
Old 11-13-2007, 04:15 PM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Which one? Patches and more patches

Don't fixate on the patch deal. That new Dell you bought and the software on it will have patches released relatively often. Matter of fact, this pc just got through installing yet another update to software, and the software was the OPERATING SYSTEM that's been around for a couple of years.

There actually are a number of threads here that discuss the accuracy of all the sims. The consensus seems to be that every one of them is accurate for some people. And every one of them seems to be in-accurate to some people.

It appears to boil down to which one suits your budget best. And then has a model or two that you like to, or wish to fly in the future.

Look at some of the older threads that discuss "which is best". Which is what this thread will probably develop into. And go from there.