Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

G4 Beginner looking for beginner plane

Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

G4 Beginner looking for beginner plane

Old 11-13-2007, 10:01 AM
BeavenX5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G4 Beginner looking for beginner plane

Hi, I want to start flying electric airplanes (electric for now ) and almost made the mistake last week of buying a warbird as first plane (e-flite P38 lightning). I bougth the G4 simulator instead to practice first. Wise move...
After browsing through the electric forum and getting a few wise suggestions, I will get an easier plane in a week or two. Probably a HZ Super Cub RTF as recommended here. Second plane in a few month might be someting like the PZ T-28 Trojan RTF or a EFlite P47D ARF. Third plane will be the P38 if I don't change my mind by then...
Anyway, I played around a lot with the G4 over the week-end and did not find many planes with the flying caracteristics of a beginner electric plane like the HZ Super Cub. The most beginner plane I tried was the Hobbico Electristar EP. This plane is a lot bigger, heavier, faster and more sofisticated (6channels) than a Super Cub. The Piper Cub used on the G4 is not at all the same as the HZ Super Cub.
Any suggestion on what aircraft to choose on the G4 to practice for the Super Cub.
Thanks.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:35 PM
johnny bubba
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: G4 Beginner looking for beginner plane

I would use a full house (4 channel) trainer tp learn on. You will eventually be on this type of transmitter for your warbirds and the PZ tranmitters are not indicative of what you will be using when you graduate. As well the PZ stuff unless states has no rudder control. It is advised to learn to use your rudder asap. In short I would suggest learning on a 4 channel high wing trainer with typical radio set up rather than wasting money on a PZ 3 channel thing. Not bashing PZ I have their FW190 and it is a hoot to fly, just wish it has rudder!!