Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

E-SKy simulator downloads?

Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

E-SKy simulator downloads?

Old 11-16-2007, 09:46 AM
JB COMP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-SKy simulator downloads?

I'm looking at getting a Esky simulator and heard that you can download new planes and stuff, so can some one give me a link to the downloads?

Old 11-16-2007, 09:52 AM
r2champion

Default RE: E-SKy simulator downloads?

http://rcp.web.infoseek.co.jp/fms_aircraft_e.html

I believe this is the same sim that comes with the Esky controller. This site has many different aircraft. There are several others as well, just search "FMS Airplanes". Enjoy!
Old 11-16-2007, 11:44 AM
JB COMP

Thanks.
Old 11-17-2007, 05:00 PM
JB COMP

where the best/cheapest place to buy E-sky?
Old 11-18-2007, 09:05 PM
rolieharris

I have a IBM thinkpad. 900 cpu, pentium 3 computer. I'm running windows 2000 OS. Can I purchase a fairly accurate simulator that will work on this machine? I own a "super cub" and have really enjoyed learning to fly this summer. I would like to continue inproving this winter by the use of a simulator. I know nothing about them, just know that my computer isin't that new, and I don't know if they will work on this machine.
Thank you;
Rolie
Old 11-19-2007, 12:46 AM
chris1379

Realflight and most other sims are 3D graphics intensive. Laptops tend to lag behind desktops, especially in the graphics department, yet cost more. It's the price you pay for portability. If any sim will work, it would be FMS. The helicopter simulation isn't that great but the airplanes aren't bad. It depends on the creator of the plane. Best of all it's free. You can download it [link=http://n-old.ethz.ch/student/mmoeller/fms/index_e.html]here[/link]. See the link above in this thread for lots of planes. You can use the keyboard to see if your computer can run it before you buy anything. If it seems to run OK, search Ebay for the Esky simulator. After several years of not flying, fms gave me the courage to push my Art-Tech Cessna to its limits. Gary Gunnerson created an fms model of it that you can find [link=http://gunnerson.homestead.com/files/fms_models.htm]on his website[/link].

Cheers,
Chris
Old 11-19-2007, 11:11 AM
rolieharris

Thanks Chris. I downloaded the FMS and it seems to work smooth and seemless. Now, as to your second recomendation. You told me to go online to find an "ESKY Simulator". Did you mean an ESKY controller? If I purchase a simulator, wouldn't that be duplicating the FMS I just downloaded? I'm not looking for "cheap" so much, as I'm looking for something that will work on my computer. I contacted Phoenix, and they said my vidio card wasn't suitable. However, like I said, as far as the graphics, the FMS is very smooth.
Thanks again;
Rolie
Old 11-19-2007, 03:45 PM
chris1379

It is marketed as a simulator but you are really buying the controller. The software included is FMS. There is also a Dynam 6CH version, which I have not tried. These will also work with Clearview, Pre-Flight and some other sims. Try to avoid the sellers that have high shipping and a cheap price. If you have a problem, shipping is not refundable. Also, many of these are shipped from overseas. You will get it sooner if shipped from the USA.

Chris
Old 11-19-2007, 03:50 PM
broke_n_bummin

All the planes you could ever want and then some
www.rc-sim.de
You have to register to download, but registration is free.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:19 PM
JB COMP

dose anyone know where I can get just a USB controller or interface (I think is what its called) with out the sim? I;m looking at getting FMS and if thats free, all I need is the controller.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:28 PM
JB COMP

Ok, I downloaded FMS and just flew with my keyboard, and I have a demo of RealFlight G3, and the FMS was not so great compared to the G3 demo, so from what I've seen FMS is not for me.

I want to know how AeroFly, and FS one compare to RF G3 and G3.5 (I've flown G3.5 at my LHS)

Thanks for the help.