Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Installing Ikarus

Old 04-06-2003, 04:48 AM
blue ice
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing Ikarus

HELP!!!! While trying to start Aerofly Pro,my pc will not detect the game commander even after I added it to my game controllers. Any ideas?
Old 08-07-2003, 10:18 PM
chappy007
My Feedback: (12)

Default AERO FLY PRO

I am still working on getting mine up but it is my understanding that you must not only plug in the game commander, but also have the adapter for your own Tx (Even if you are not going to use your Tx) to have the program recognize it.

Good luck,

Chappy007
Old 08-08-2003, 12:02 AM
whidbey1
My Feedback: (9)

Default Installing Ikarus

Hi
I had the same problem, I fixed the problem by buying a usb adapter from Radio Shack.
Old 08-08-2003, 02:06 AM
Mike Ledbetter

Default This is what worked for me

I connected the game commander to the joystick port on the sound card and calibrated it. I connected the dongle to serial port #2. I started AeroFly Pro, move the mouse just a hair, wait 10 seconds for the program to detect the dongle and I'm flying.

The dongle also connects my Futaba 6X with no problems.

Hope this helps.
Old 01-29-2005, 12:33 PM
pentolino

Default RE: This is what worked for me

I use An Eclipse Hitec with a Serial interface that PPjoy recognize very well and that let me play with Realflight G2.

BUT I can't use it with aerofly pro!

It works using a USB joypad, but "Dongle Emu 10.0.0.10 by THQ" doesn't recognize the radio...

A friend of mine said that with WINDOWS ME it will works perfectly, but I actually have XP installed as OS so...

please help! I think it's a ports management problem
Old 02-28-2005, 01:42 PM
fuadramsey

How do you have this setup (the hitec radio on realflight and ppjoy). I'm trying to get my Laser 4 to work in Realflight G2 using a serial cable interface and ppjoy, but throttle (channel 3) is not being detected in Realflight G2.
Old 03-01-2005, 12:19 PM
fuadramsey

Here is a fix for setting up Realflight G2 with a Hitec transmitter (laser 4) using a serial interface (that works with FMS) and PPJOY (vitual joystick driver). With this setup, you can use your transmitter as a joystick for any program that will allow the use of a regular joystick!

When I first set it up, I found out that there were people having trouble getting the throttle (channel 3) to work in Realflight G2. Here is how I fixed it (with the help of other postings).

Get details and see photos at the thread I started at rcgroups.com:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341275