Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

Add me to the list of dummies (FMS w/ CX2 Xmtr)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Add me to the list of dummies (FMS w/ CX2 Xmtr)

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 10:15 PM
JohnFTexas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Add me to the list of dummies (FMS w/ CX2 Xmtr)

I have tried everything I can find on this forum to get this transmitter to function with FMS with no luck. Here is the list:

FMS 2.0 Beta 7
SPP 3.3 PLUS (for FMS)
HP Desktop w/ XP Media Edition
Realtek HD sound card

I have tried every input jack available with no results. Every mixer control, different volume settings, Noise Reduction on and off, Mic boost on and off, nuthin! The only time anything seems to happen is when I jiggle the patch cord at the transmitter. You can image what that does to the heli [>:]
Oh another thing, when I turn on the transmitter, there is no beep, red LED (lower left) does not light, bat voltage does not display and I just realized this a little while ago, the batteries get hotter than HELL! So I checked for a short in the cable, but it seems fine.
Does any of this ring any bells? At this point I am ready to spend the money on Realflight.
I would be most appriciative of any assistance!
John
Old 01-14-2008, 11:28 PM
AGR413
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Add me to the list of dummies (FMS w/ CX2 Xmtr)

There is a program you need to install that makes the input from the transmitter work with FMS, I am assuming the plug you talk about is a micro plug. I have forgotten the name of the program.

I went the route you are going right now. I used FMS for a long time thinking I was really getting something for free. I finally broke down and bought Realflight and I wish I would have foregone some planes and bought the program a long time ago.

Your mileage my vary.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:01 AM
flyX

There's different software for dfferent types of TX if you're talking about Smart Pro.
Makesure you get the correct one for your TX.

I think it also has something to do with ppm or pcm.

Have you tried the 2.85 version of FMS the lastest one ?..which was done in 2005.
You can just go to the FMS and download it. You're better off runing with the 2.85.
This version will allow you to go photolistic and you can still use a lot of the 2.7 models.
Plus it also comes with a par. editor...this will allow you to adjust the modles parimeters
Plus the model won't stay stuck on the center of the screen..if you turn off the FIXED camera view.

When you open up the control menu..did you tried "resource" ?
Are you getting any singles in that menu ?

Dose your PC only has USB ports ??..so that's why the 2.85 will error.
There's veriouse thread or links that'll get you to the page with instructions
on how to resolved that. It'll only take 5 mins. You just have to fool your PC into thinking
there's com ports.lol PC are stupid.
Write a couple of lines using notepad.

You can Try CRRCsim..this is also a freeware...try to get your TX to work on it.
There a model of the RAVEN in there and it's sort of photolistic
if it dosn't work with that..then it's not an FMS issue.

I hook mine up with out any problems.
It's still free for me ..1000's of panorama photolistic sceneries and 1000's of free models for me.
and I don't have to wait for the lastest and greatest add on...I make them for free
yes..yes i can get the GT3 sceneries to work in my FMS too.lol
Old 01-16-2008, 10:48 PM
JohnFTexas

I think the other program you are talking about is PPJoy so I found it and loaded it as well. Still no luck. Also tried the latest version of FMS. It seems that I cannot get my radio to generate any sound for the sound card to interpret. But fear not . . . I just purchased Realflight 3.5 so I guess it is "Problem Solved"!
Thanks anyway

Edit

There's something to be said for giving it one last try. I got my trainer cord for my transmitter from my LHS. Just a simple Mono/Male to Male patch cord for a Spektrum DX6. Sounds right huh? Well I finally went and looked for one on EFlite's website and would you believe the one they show is a STEREO plug! I just happened to have one of them so I plugged it up and would you believe it started working like a champ
So I guess I have to remove myself from the DS list . . . for now at least.

I hope this helps someone else.