Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

Realflight controller broken spring tension, can you get parts?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Realflight controller broken spring tension, can you get parts?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 11:30 PM
Tommygun
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Realflight controller broken spring tension, can you get parts?

I was using the realflight, not even 2 years old, then I felt the spring tension in the elevator disappear. Come to find out, a plastic pin that holds the spring tensioner just sheared, and the only thing I can do is either switch around the controls and hold the tx upside down, or replace the gimble. Although this was clearly a manufacturing defect, I doubt very seriously Great Planes would do anything for me. Can you buy parts for these?
Old 01-28-2008, 08:30 AM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Realflight controller broken spring tension, can you get parts?

No, but you can send it back for replacement. It's how manufacturers support their products.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:39 AM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A buddy of mine is a modeler. When his kid broke his Futaba TX (the same case and internal hardware as the RF InterLink box), he fixed it. So there is another option. But you gotta have the skills.

Otherwise, look in the manual in the back pages. They have a page or more explaining how their support works. They have a phone number, FAX number, email address, an online website, and a searchable FAQ database.

As for doubting they will do anything for you, don't. There are numerous posts in here where they helped the people who asked for help.
Old 01-28-2008, 03:58 PM
Tommygun
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: da Rock

As for doubting they will do anything for you, don't. There are numerous posts in here where they helped the people who asked for help.
Wow, you were right. Thank you for suggesting otherwise. I called them up and they were eager to help, stating that this controller has been a problem and they will gladly send out a replacement gimble, free of charge. Amazing- Great Planes is a true class act. I guess I'm so used to getting screwed over by companies for everything these days, that lately I've really become jaded. Don't ever get me started on West Marine....[:@]