Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Clearview sim

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 10:45 AM
The Toolman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clearview sim

Got it loaded last night.... For the $39.99 its a heckuva bargain IMO. Great graphics also.
I didn't really need a sim other than something to do on nasty days when I can't fly my planes. I'll hafta admit that it is a lot better than the fms free one that I used though. Nothing against fms, its just that ya get what ya pay for, an it served its purpose for me a coupla years back to learn to fly on.....

Mine is loaded on a new low end HP laptop an works just fine with the 1 gb ram this machine has.

Ronnie.............
Old 03-19-2008, 01:44 PM
Oregon Craig

Default RE: Clearview sim

I had some initial problems with it but I like it fine now.
If nothing else it is fun, helps with practice. I noticed that after I had been playing with it for a while, that sometimes at the field I make split second thumb moves without even thinking about it. So, it helps with muscle memory and orientation too. I don't use it to practice 3D or fly the helis, as I am just not into that.
Old 03-19-2008, 07:09 PM
bigedmustafa
My Feedback: (2)

It's a shame that Clear View is such a well-kept secret. I think that the slow flighting modelling is really good. Even flying the demo version, the 4-channel trainer that comes with the demo flies very realistically.
Old 03-19-2008, 07:28 PM
The Toolman

Whats bad, is I just found it by accident last night while hunting something else........

I really like it though, I have downloaded a lot of the planes from that Ken guys site an they all fly just fine.

http://my.att.net/p/s/community.dll?...eid=233191&ck=

Edit--Forgot, they got a lot of neat real life helis in there also. They even break apart an parts go flying when ya crash'em

Ronnie
Old 03-19-2008, 11:55 PM
flyX

If you guys really like it...
CV use SKYBOX formate to project the sceneries. There's a retangular version and there's the CUBE version.
Lake Johnson is an example of a CUBE skybox.

Anyway, I know where you can get 100's of skybox sceneries pre-made you can slap into CV
Just rename them according to how CV is set up.

You can also convert FMS and Heli-x's models into CV or whatever model cads you can download.

There's all kinds of model cads in .3ds
FMS models are in .X , MQO type files.
Heli-x's are in .obj (wave front)
CV use AC3D type files for model cad.

You can use BLENDER (free) to import and export the files. When you get bore on a rainy day.lol

Here's a picture of a model that got morph.lol
a little bit of CV,FMS and heli-x roll into one just for kicks.
BTW you can use that scenery in CV too.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv64541.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	908296  
Old 07-09-2008, 10:25 AM
pricelessparrots

I would like to know if there is a ParkZone Super Cub plane file for the Clearview software. Its very good and use the esky controller with it. Can fly most planes really good but just need the Super Cub file.. Anyone????

Paul
Old 07-12-2008, 11:05 AM
skirtz

Gary have Park Zone T-28 and Cesna 182 - which may be close to Park Zone Super Cub.
http://gunnerson.homestead.com/files...iew_models.htm

A guy named Mitch have made the Park Zone Super Cub (very well made model) and is posted here:
http://www.mitchgates.com/models/_di...uper%20Cub.zip

Stefan
http://rcflightsim.com

Old 07-12-2008, 11:09 AM
skirtz

New version - [link=http://rcflightsim.com/download.html]4.96 just released[/link]. The main change is adding new camera mode -Ground In View. With this mode, the program will position the camera and select a proper zoom so the ground is seen almost in all cases. You can modify the "Ground In View" by selecting one of 5 zoom options for how close the model will be and how big zoom to be applied when model is away. I personally feel this new camera mode is quite good and stopped using any other mode. Hope you like it.

Stefan
http://rcflightsim.com
Old 07-24-2008, 12:01 PM
AmericanSpectre505

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I downloaded it several months ago,.....nice program! I am having problems with the planes wanting to roll erratically during flight (YAk-54) and all the others,...ideas (memory)?

Plus, I have downloaded some planes from Ken's site, but they will not import to the program? A buddy of mine I am training is also having the import problem as well.

I am using my old RealFlights controller, sometimes when I open the program it's gone from the list and defaults to the keyboard. When I shut it down and re-open the program the controller is back in the list? Any idea how to get the Heli's to work? I printed the users guide,..darn if I can figure it out?

Does anyone have a pattern plane or two to share perhaps?

Bill Holsten