Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

which sim for my tx and interface?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

which sim for my tx and interface?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2003, 09:49 AM
gr8johnson3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which sim for my tx and interface?

i have the free fms sim. it seems that the landing and takeoffs are too easy. not realistic enough. what other sim can i use with my tx and the fms usb interface? i dont want to spend $200.00 on G2 or any other. what about Aerofly? can i use my tx and cable? any help will do. thanks.
Old 05-02-2003, 11:13 AM
joegib

I used to think that way.. I spent a lot of time and energy trying to "adapt" FMS and other software (I had the older r/c pilot sim) to my needs. Didn't really want to spend the money...and it was kinda hard convincing my wife about it also.. but she did understand and I thank her for that....
But let me give my two cents... FMS is great.. and I admire the creators for allowing it to be shareware... we all are very thankful for that.
However.. although I have FMS... I wanted something more robust..... I decided to brake down and spend the $200 for G2... and let me say,,, I'll never regret it. It is the best dollar for dollar value I've seen in a long time....
I even say to myself "and they only charge $200 for this?"
Your unhappy with FMS... but look==> its free.. be happy with that.. if want the "robust" and realism... your not going to get it for free.. but my only comment is that you get what you pay for...
$200 is worth it for G2.... FMS is a terrific value for something that is free but if its not what you want... you'll need to decide what the priority is ...... thanks for letting me comment on this.. joeg
Old 05-02-2003, 12:08 PM
gr8johnson3

i dont mind paying for a sim. i just dont want to pay that much. i have a tx. i dont need a sim that comes with one. i wish G2 would just sell the software. i have used it. it is great. i just dont want to pay for a tx i dont need. the tx is $ 85.00. if i could buy the software for less than say $80.00 i would.
Old 05-02-2003, 12:47 PM
joegib

Yea.. I understand.. my only comment is that I ended up using the tx (that comes with g2).. and don't need to mess with my $$$$ transmitter.. the actual txs are not designed for a game.. ie the battery and antenna overloads.. so I prefer to exercise the g2 controller instead.. other alternative....is that I alway see g2 controllers for sale.. and people buy them... so you could recoupe some cost by buying g2.. then selling the controller...
but... have no other suggestions... I don't see anyone selling G2 software alone on the net.. or ebay,,etc.. maybe you can look for that.. maybe someone is selling one.. but havent seen any lately.... funny thing however... I figure my life expectancy for g2 is about 2 yrs... and then there will be the next gen software.. I do expect however that my investment into g2 at this time will allow me to "upgrade" it later to the next gen.and not spend a lot of money for the latest stuff.. ... this is what normally happens..
just my 2 cents again.. joe
Old 05-02-2003, 12:58 PM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use my 9C with aerofly pro and I get the full functionality of the Tx e.g. programmable mixes and I can save/recall the Tx setting for each model separately. Using the Tx on the sim doesn't fry the RF module as it will be automatically disabled when the connector is plugged in via the trainer port.
Old 05-02-2003, 01:01 PM
gr8johnson3

how do u like that aerofly pro? compred to G2?
Old 05-03-2003, 01:27 AM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have both, but aerofly pro is my preference. I find it closer to how my r/c model behaves at low and high speeds and I also like the graphics better, but again that's my cup of tea. Best if you can try both of them out first before deciding........
Old 05-03-2003, 01:11 PM
*Crash*Johnson*
My Feedback: (7)

*cough* EBAY

I got rf g2 lite for 110 from ebay. Do the math... (150 per plane X however many you own) + flying field dues + AMA = 3 hours a week VS. 200 bucks and you can fly day/night/weekends rain or shine and crash all ya want. Dont have to rebuild the plane either.
Old 05-03-2003, 01:32 PM
Steve Lewin

That value equation only works if you are going to give up flying real models and just play with the sim INSTEAD. I tend to look at it as either I can buy 2 or 3 kits and use a free sim or I can waste all that kit money on an expensive sim.

Just different points of view. I find FMS great for having fun and I don't really like RF G2. For serious practise I still use CSM v10 which has a superb flight model but seriously ugly and old-fashioned graphics and sound. Still available and about 1/3rd the price of G2 (over here at least).

Steve
Old 05-03-2003, 03:56 PM
gr8johnson3

i like my fms sim. i just dont know if the landing and take off is real( i havent flown yet). it seems too easy to do both with the fms sim. i like it because i can fly my SPAD aircraft on the fms.