Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

FS One solo

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 02:15 PM
goirish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS One solo

I purchased the FSOne solo for my grandson who is using my Futaba 7CAP. He has the USB cord and the Micro Futaba plug in. We can not get it to calibrate to the Futaba. Anyone know what we are doing wrong. Thanks-I have the Real Flight so I purchased this for him. Hummm!! maybe should have got the whole program. He seen it at the Weak Signal Toledo OH show and really liked it.
Old 04-27-2008, 09:20 PM
CloudSkipper

Default RE: FS One solo

Do you mean the micro plug-in adapter made specifically for fsone? Is the radio in ppm mode? Does it have a pos/neg shift setting?

ORIGINAL: goirish
... Hummm!! maybe should have got the whole program. He seen it at the Weak Signal Toledo OH show and really liked it.
I personally would recommend the whole program plus the Hangar Pack. I would get also the version with the Tacon controller... much better to get started with that and then gradually go to using your field TX with it.

This faq is more comprehensive than the faq on the fsone site:
http://www.inertiasoft.com/fsonefaq/index.html
Old 04-28-2008, 07:29 AM
goirish

I have the FSOne USB interface-with the Futaba Micro connector but I can't seem to get his TX to operate. It is on PPM and I belive that Futaba is negative shift. If you can change that I don't know how.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:24 AM
CloudSkipper

I use a Hitec TX and that has the same freq shift that Futaba uses by default.

I have occasionally had a non-responsive TX when switching to/from the Tacon TX and my Hitec TX. This has only happened when changing the TX I use... does not happen out of the blue. For example everything was working with my Tacon, then after switching to Hitec, nothing. Can't even calibrate. Has happened the other way around too.

I have resolved it by just a random combination of restarting fsone, disconnecting and reconnecting the given TX from the USB interface box, switching the TX ON and OFF. I have had to do that a few times before and then all of a sudden something in there "wakes up" and I can calibrate.

So if you've left everything connected most of the time as you've tried in vane to get it working, try turning TX on/off, reconnecting the TX and restarting fsone (do the reconnecting and on/off stuff while fsone is not running)... random variations of that... keep at it until it wakes up. Should be working after 3 or 4 tries if it's like my situation.

Another theoretical possibility is that it's conflicting with something. Do you have realflight on there too? One time, I tried installing MS flight sim on the computer that fsone is on. My fsone TX was unresponsive afterwards. That time, I just uninstalled MSFS and reinstalled fsone which resolved it. I haven't dared to try installing MSFS after that happened. But could be that the reconnecting, etc could have worked then as well. Most likely it was a specific conflict with MSFS though. I'm sure there's a fix for that, but I haven't bothered with it.

Good luck
Old 04-28-2008, 08:47 AM
CloudSkipper

just remembered some other stuff...

I recall similar TX problems being asked about... in rare cases there may be a registry problem where the "name" of the USB connection is malformed or messed up somehow. Also I recall that it can in some cases be a problem to have a another joystick or similar controller on another USB port. There could also be problems if you have a USB hub installed (not sure about that one).

Is there another computer entirely that you could try it on?

If you call Hangar 9 support, ask to be taken to "level 2 support" (that's according to one of the fsone support guys on this forum). Supposedly the level 2 people will be more knowledgable for this type of problem.

What version of windows?
Old 04-28-2008, 08:52 AM
goirish

XPI have sent a email to Hangar 9 explaining the problemdon't know how long that will take if ever. I USB interface is the one that came with the program and it included different Tx adapters. He wanted to try it to see if he wanted the full version. He is somewhat discouraged at the present.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:10 AM
CloudSkipper

This is niche software. Reflex XTR seems to have random usb interface problems as well, but I get the impression that with fsone it's more rare. The simplest, yet potentially most informative experiment you could try is installation on a different computer.
Old 04-29-2008, 02:18 PM
goirish

No reply from the manufacture. Guess they wanted me to buy the full version. Think I will go with the real flight g-4. However, my grandson liked the FSOne