Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

AeroFly Pro cable for Futaba 9C

Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

AeroFly Pro cable for Futaba 9C

Old 05-10-2003, 05:40 AM
RCAddiction
My Feedback: (87)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AeroFly Pro cable for Futaba 9C

Hope some of you also find this useful. Especially if you don't desire to build your own cable.

On the Aerofly forum, I found a link to an adapter offered by Robbe.

Aerofly Forum link

It's expensive to buy from Austria (www.robbe.de) because of the shipping, but Robbe USA ordered it for me yesterday for $19.95.

www.robbeusa.com

Here's the actual part:
9C adapter Cable on Robbe website

The Robbe part number is 1-8239 and you can simply call them at 860-677-7278 to order one. The gentleman at Robbe was not actually familiar with it, but he was able to quickly find the part in their system and order it for me via CC. I was told it will take a few weeks.

This will be handy if you don't want to adapt/fabricate a buddy box cable yourself, or figure out the pin-out requirements.

For what it's worth, I have both G2 (with USB Link upgrade on a high end XP machine - no problems at all) as well as Aerofly Pro. I can run G2 on my Thinkpad as well. Aerofly won't install since it does not support OpenGL.

I like them both, but Aerofly has better, faster, physics. The planes act much more realistically, especially in 3D. I've had a very hard time to duplicate what I can do on my real planes on G2 (harriers, waterfalls, hovering, etc) but Aerofly is much more capable here and "feels" more like my planes do. Heli's seem easier on G2, but I think that's only because I've spent more time on G2. Aerofly definitely requires more twiddling with radio setup but I'm sure I'll like it better over time for heli's, too.
Old 05-10-2003, 08:40 AM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default AeroFly Pro cable for Futaba 9C

You could get one from me much cheaper http://www.rcuniverse.com/showthread...39#post1291252]
Old 05-10-2003, 03:21 PM
RCAddiction
My Feedback: (87)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aerofly 9C cable

Thanks, Rajul. I actually saw your posting AFTER I ordered mine from Robbe. However, after you run out of parts it will still be handy for some other folks to buy one via Robbe. Or, if we get really lucky, Ikarus will eventually update their product with a 9C compatible connector.

Looks like all of the new Futaba offerings, including the new 6EXA will will include this type of connector.