Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

g4 add ons

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 08:11 PM
derrickk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default g4 add ons

hello,

I just bought real flight g4 and i went to there site and downloaded the free expansion packs 1-4.
well....i went to see all the new aircrafts and fields i noticed that alot of the aircrafts on the website also the airports are not here?? i also dont have any new photo fields. ???

anyone know why.

thanks,
derrick
Old 09-06-2008, 08:41 PM
whodeany99

Default RE: g4 add ons

The ADD-ON's are exactly that, dont make the mistake of thinking they are the expansion packs. You still have to buy the expansion packs. What you downloaded were add-on's that were made for earlier versions of Realflight. Sorry to dissappoint but hope this helps....
Old 09-06-2008, 09:24 PM
derrickk

oh no thats fine!

thank you very much!
derrick
Old 09-09-2008, 03:26 PM
flyX

You can use the G3.5 photofield in G4.

To build up photofield collections incase you get bore.
You can also download sceneries from other sims and import it into the G4 as RAW panorama,
As others have done and posted it on KE's swap sections.

Research a little bit on EQUIRECTANGULAR. (360x180). The panorama images must be 2:1 ratio.
You can download third party's REFLEX's and AEROFLY sceneries from veriouse sites such as rc-sim or aeromodelisme.org.
Simply retrive the panorama images from the zip folder.
Reflex's pano images had been cropped at the bottom. You simply just need to add the bottom portion back by using CANVAS size.
Change it from 8160x3060 to 8160x4080. Then just import the pano as RAW. You might have notice a circle with realfight's logo
at the bottom of some sceneries already...that's the missing portion. You don't see it 99% percent of the time.

Then simply use the scenery editor to create buffer zones or crash pionts.

Some Reflex's sceneries has an auto install. Simply retrive the image from the folder where it got sent to.
Look at the file path or change it before you click OK.

You can also go to FLICKR.com and serch under EQUIRECTANGULAR and use the thousands of panorama avaiable.
Not all are suited for R/C..but there's plenty you can use....incase you get bore.lol

You can also convert skybox mapping from other sims such as Heli-x or prelfight..or other vedio games.
Download BIXORAMA demo...convertor. To get rid of the water mark simply convert 2 seperate longitute/latitute.
Rotate the skybox as you import it into Bixorama. This will shuffle the watermark.
Simple use GIMP layering (alpha channel) cut out the watermark of one image and layer it under/over the pano...Waa laa a pano you can import into realflight.
Set the export option to INSANE HIGH.lol....this will generate a 8192x4096 image.lol

You can also use GIMP to create different model colour secheme as many had done.

okay..now you might not feel so bad for spending $200 on it.

Here's some photofield collection i have....i have waa zooo of them.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ncbC6Agcbik