Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

G4.5

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 06:10 AM
Warnberg
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G4.5

Anyone have any luck running G4.5? I tried it but no matter what I did I couldn't get it to run right.... it would run but the FPS was very low and the simulation was very jerky... and yes I do have above the minimum hardware requirements....
Old 10-30-2008, 07:56 PM
Bucko
My Feedback: (17)

Default RE: G4.5

Warnberg,

No problem running G4.5 here, I presume you did the online upgrade so you already know G4 ran just fine on your system? Someone on the KnifeEdge forums should be able to give you some specific advice based on your system characteristics...

Charlie
Old 10-30-2008, 09:32 PM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just got the 4.5 update. Went from a recent upgrade of 4.0 from a couple of weeks ago. It was running well, and the 4.5 update does too.

Matter of fact, I went into the Graphics options and bumped a few up. Also played around with the brightness and contrast.

It's nice to get it for free. Haven't looked to see what the new stuff looks like yet. Don't even know if there are new planes and fields.
Old 10-31-2008, 07:17 AM
Warnberg
My Feedback: (1)

I did some work on the system yesterday and the FPS rates improved. I had to update the BIOS, Video Card Drivers, Audio Card Drivers and a chip-set driver for the mother board.

Bucko, yes I was running 4.0 without issue and did the online upgrade.

Even after all the patches I have done to the system it is still a little jerky, just can't seem to get the frame rates above about 20 and many times, specially coming close to the ground it will drop to 10 or less.

I'll check over on the Knifedge forums and post there to see whats up...

Thanks
Old 10-31-2008, 09:08 AM
Bucko
My Feedback: (17)

Warnberg,

Just for the record, I had smooth performance/display with both G4 & G4.5 when running my old 1024x768 LCD display, but when I upgraded the display to a new LCD running 1280x1024, I now have to run full screen mode to get similar smooth performance/display.

The difference is remarkable and why running in full screen mode works better I have no idea. As usual with Geeky things, my assumption would have been just the opposite!

And this information is probably a bit off topic as you didn't mention changing your display... On the other hand, if G4.5 defaults to a different graphics setting, it may well provide a hint...

Charlie