Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

reflex xtr updates

I recently reinstalled reflex xtr on my pc I went to the main reflex site
    for the updates but they are not there. I have emailed reflex but no reply
    as yet. I wondered if there is another place I can get the upgrades ?

Thanks Mark.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: reflex xtr updates

Something has changed with Reflex, just don't ask. []

There's a new website called SimWerk. It's not translated yet, and they may have no UK distributor so far, but there's a web shop in English. There you may order the current version 5.05 which will require you to order a new dongle as well if you have an older Reflex version and not a newer dongle or an iVol. If in doubt just drop them an e-mail.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for reply I am not really having much luck trying simwerk site I have the older version so I think I
    need patch 5.03 I emailed simwork but there is no reply and there is no reference on their site to the older
    version. I found a few sites which deal with addons for reflex but no sign of the patch. can someone here
    send me the patch maybe email this ? Anyway I hope someone here can help me here.

Thanks Mark Caines.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

That's too bad. Maybe SimWerk doesn't reply due to absence, maybe because they don't support the older versions. Anyway, there's no legal way to get version 5.03 any longer (the copyright issue, you know). Even though I could send it to you I certainly should not, sorry.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Anyway, there's no legal way to get version 5.03 any longer (the copyright issue, you know). Even though I could send it to you I certainly should not, sorry.

From my understanding the copy rights protection for Reflex is the dongle not the software (but I could be wrong). I know there is no copy right protection on the software because I burnt copies of the original ones I have so I don't have to use them, I put the original ones in a safe place and use the copy ones (I don't want the original ones to get scratched).
    My Gallery
    http://www.rcgroups.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=13338

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

That's just fine, but it's not the point. When purchasing, I had to agree to the End User License Agreement which, among other things, forbids to re-distribute the software, regardless of the way of transmission.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

As close as I can tell, they might just as well shut the Reflex sight down. There is nothing there any more . . . . . .
    And YES! They have been WAY OVER DUE for an Upgrade for quite some time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

all the updates are here.

Links

Jeff

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Can anyone explain what happened to Reflex XTR ? Why "don't ask ?" ?

I can understand the Reflex XTR product has been sold by its previous owner but how come is it possible that Reflex XTR2 is available on another web site ? Maybe the new "Reflex XTR" owner forgot to buy the rights on source code ? Well that mesmerizes me.

I had bought reflex for its update potential, but now, updates are scarce and when they come, they're expensive. I have to send 100eur (150 USD) to get that hardware update (new dongle), which finally means a 50% rebate on the following version ! This hardware update should be no more than 20 eur, I will NOT buy it anyway (I doubt a lot will), and stay with my 5.03 version, that I already paid a whopping 220 eur (330 usd) !
    ProBro #2077
    http://image2-0.rcuniverse.com/e1/forum/upfiles/57402/Nl29490.jpg

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You rehashed an old thread but well, I may answer anyway. Don't ask because it's always sad when friends part company. The rights were always and are still owned by the original programmer. He still upgrades the product, even if at slow pace.

Since 5.03 there were not that spectacular but still important improvements you may not appreciate. But consider that I for one had the old dongle for 8 years and had to pay little for software upgrades, nothing for add-ons (because there aren't needed any). Any other simulator had cost more and had a dongle update as well, just hidden in an even more expensive software update. The new dongle was needed for some new features which I had desired for years which may be useless to you, though. With up to 12 channels you may now directly assign channels to controls and get new effects. Calibration is much better and safer. Sound and graphics are better. New fields and models are included. Flight behavior is even better than before, if the parameters are set properly.

These new features seem to be vastly overlooked though, and the new online multiplayer feature is used mostly for gaming instead of seriously flying and trying things together. Reflex is still no gaming simulator, and I'm glad that it isn't, so the only fault I could blame Reflex/SimWerk for is a lack of information. Hope that's the reason for your whine and not the Euros which were not expensive and least of all spent in vain.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for having taken the time to shed light on this matter.
    ProBro #2077
    http://image2-0.rcuniverse.com/e1/forum/upfiles/57402/Nl29490.jpg

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Greedy software companies... I see now why Chinese copy software/dongles do so well. Outside the Europe/America, the guys simply can't afford to support the industry legally.