Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

What's going on with Reflex XTR???

Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

What's going on with Reflex XTR???

Old 12-26-2008, 08:40 PM
Michael211
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's going on with Reflex XTR???

I still prefer this sim over any others I've tried out (including Realflight G3.5, at the LHS). What's going on with Reflex though? I see MRC marketing something called "Reflex XTR2" now... is the software updated from the 5.03 version (last update I applied)? Reflex is definitely overdue a good update to fix bugs and add new features to keep up with the competition I must admit!!!! [>:]

Today I'm having a problem with the USB dongle... I upgraded to a faster motherboard (from same manufacturer as my previous motherboard, Tyan) and now the USB dongle's driver is failing to install correctly. Something about a "function driver not specified"... anybody got a clue? []

I've uninstalled the driver and then reinstalled it and still the same error occurs. It's plugged directly into the USB port on the back of the motherboard, and there are no other USB deviced plugged in (right now; I unplugged the USB scanner for the moment, but the USB scanner driver does indeed work with the new motherboard!!!).

I was looking forward to flying my favorite sim heli's with the faster motherboard so now I'm bummed... anybody got any ideas here? I cann't re-install Reflex XTR 5.03 Update because it says it's already installed... surely I don't have to completely uninstall the simulator and re-install it from scratch to fix this problem with the bloody dongle!!! The sim itself loads and seems to work fine though it complains every few seconds that it can't find the dongle and since I can't use my transmitter for control as a result it makes the sim unusable. [&o]

- Michael
Old 12-28-2008, 05:58 AM
Charlie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What's going on with Reflex XTR???

You might what to try an older driver. I had a Dell one time and I updated my video driver and no way I could get Reflex to work, I on installed the new driver and went back to the old one and it worked great. I don't know if this
is your problem but it's worth a try.