Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

fsone trex 450 heli data

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

fsone trex 450 heli data

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 11:06 AM
leadtongue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fsone trex 450 heli data

im looking for the flight physics data for the trex450. i want to edit one of the helis i have to closely resemble my blade400 which sry to say was not part of fsone.. if you choose the model then edit you will be able to make a copy of trex and give it a name then after it loads you will be able to access all the physics data for the new model such as weight, drag. gear ratios,blade inertia etc. this is what im looking for. thnx
Old 02-13-2009, 06:47 PM
Albatross1

Default RE: fsone trex 450 heli data

Hi Leadtongue,
Here is the stuff on Trex settings that apparently make it more realistic. You can find a bunch more about the trex settings on page 53-54 of the big FS One thread at http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_42...ey_trex/tm.htm

Anyways, the settings that apparently work best are described as follows, thanks to sctholson and sedergraphics:

"
Okay for anyone wanting to try these mods:

Copy the Trex heli and give it a name of your choosing;
Select Edit from the selections on the left hand side of the screen;

Choose Aerodynamics
*aerodynamics reference area .2
*Drag Coefficient: Fore/Aft .4, Left/right 2.0, up/down .4
*Rotation Damping: Roll: 0.100, Pitch: 0.100, Yaw: 0.100
Choose the Mass tab
*empty weight 1.8

Choose the Main Rotor Tab
*Blade Solidity .06
*Blade Rotational Inertia to 0.003

Choose Tail Rotor tab
*Rotor Solidity: .35
*Rotor Overshoot Constant 4.2
*Overshoot time constant: .002

I have found that any changes to the main rotor also then require changes to the Tail rotor, I haven't really worked out the relationship so please don't ask. These numbers were developed from just trial and error.
One more thing, I have the DX6 radio and for my flying preferences (for now anyway) I have turned down the rates of the right stick (fore/aft and left/right). I don't have a track controller, so I haven't had a chance to look to see how that's done, which would have to be within FSOne's transmitter software settings.
Good flying, and I hope these settings work for you as well as they do for me.

Kraig, try these new settings, makes the heli fly great.
Scott H

(in reply to SederGraphics)
[View this members gallery] [Search users posts] [View My Models] Report | Post #: 1331

RE: FS One by Hangar 9 - 11/24/2007 6:17:26 PM
No New Messages
sctholson

Click to learn more about the advantages of upgrading your membership here at RC Universe

Status: offline I have a new tip for everyone who is flying the trex 450. This tidbit will further tame the heli down and it's easy to do.
I got ahold of a TracCon controller tonight and here's what I would suggest to anyone who uses the traccon with FSOne.
In addition to the prior postings:
If you haven't already, make a copy of the TracCon Transmitter.
Click Edit, after the transmitter functions become available, click on the tab at the top of the screen where it says "mixing";
In the window that pops up, select CCPM120 and click on the edit button;
Click on the following field and change these from: to:
Roll Chan Gain: From .6, To .3
Pitch Chan Gain: From .6 to .3
Click OK
and Ok again.

Now these functions will save and the edit transmitter screen will appear;
Go to the Rudder or Left Stick, left/right, and in the transmitter section the second and third column say Min Max respectively;
The Min is probably set to -1.0 and the Max is 1.0; (this setting change when the idle up switch is activated on the transmitter, so be sure to adjust both idle up position and the normal position)
Click on the Min -1.0 ( a new window will pop up) click the up arrow to get to -.6, click OK
Click on the Max 1.0, then click on the down arrow to get to .6, click okay
Now switch the to idle up if you were in Normal, or vise versa and repeat these steps.

Now go to the Expo% with is the 7th column from the left and change that to 68% for both Normal and Idle up.

Click OK in the upper right corner and go fly!

Now these changes make this bird pretty tame, but not docile. These will be good settings to get your fingers to do what your mind wants them to do. You can slow the bird down even more by going to .2 in the CCPM window, but that was too tame for me.

The tail settings really slow down the tail too, so if you want that faster change the rate to -.7 and .7 respectively for normal and Idle up.

These changes work really well with the previously posted changes.

Have fun!

Scott H"
Hope this helps,
Dave
Old 02-15-2009, 09:19 PM
sctholson

Default RE: fsone trex 450 heli data

Hey Dave,
Thanks for pointing people to this.
Scott