Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

Buying new computer just for RC flight sims

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Buying new computer just for RC flight sims

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 07:38 PM
videorov
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying new computer just for RC flight sims

Looking for one that will run Phoenix,AreoFly,Realflight and Reflex XTR. I guess I will go for a dual core system with around 4Gig ram and maybe
a 1Gig video card and 1 terrabyte Drive. Looking for a complete system. Dont need monitor.
Anyone buy from Tigerdirect? What other companies out there sell real good systems that last.
Looks like the flight software supports Vista now. I use XP right now but on the new system may have to go to Vista looks like.
Hope I can find something at a pretty good price. First thing is I want it to last.
I want something real fast and might aswell get ready for SLI on the video side since lots of games are going that way.
Maybe flight sims will follow someday.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:53 PM
dbcisco
Banned

Default RE: Buying new computer just for RC flight sims

I have XP-64 and think it is actually slower than XP-32. I have a couple 64 bit apps that are fine and fast but my 32 bit apps seem much slower with 64. The 64 bit apps aren't worth crippling everything else so all my 64 stuff is going bye-bye.
Old 03-06-2009, 12:41 PM
Katman1

Tigerdirect is good, and I believe you can still get XP from them. I certainly wouldn't get vista. You spend good money on a fast machine and then give most of the resources to the os. XP is faster on the same machine and it's not out of date.
Old 03-06-2009, 12:47 PM
videorov

Yes I would like to stay with XP. I will have to ask them if they can do that for me on a system.
Old 03-06-2009, 12:50 PM
Katman1

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...d=672&srkey=xp Here you go. Obviously this means installing the OS yourself unless you can buy a whole machine with xp installed already..? I didn't look for that.
Old 03-06-2009, 12:56 PM
Katman1

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Category/category_slc.asp?page=1&Nav=|c:6||c:2627||c:2630|&Sort=0&Recs=10 Some of these have Vista others have xp. It looks like it is not problem to get it. OOPS that link didn't work
Old 03-06-2009, 01:02 PM
videorov

I just sent them a email about one of their gaming systems and see if it can come with XP installed rather then Vista.

Yes Vista Ive heard is anightmare with some graphics cards and other products.
Old 03-06-2009, 03:08 PM
SportFlyer3

I got the Ultra Crysis Warhead gaming system from Tiger and it runs RealFlight like its not even there. I had to upgrade once I got to RF4.5 so this is what I got. And comes with XP already installed...

Here's the link...[link=http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4138011&CatId=114]Ultra Crysis Warhead Gamer[/link]
Old 03-06-2009, 03:25 PM
videorov

I wonder how your system compares to their Systemax SG 1150 Gaming Desktop Computer it has 4Gig ram. I would have them
replace video card with a 9800GTX.
Ram is cheap nowadays I though I would go for 4Gig ram in my next system.

Old 03-06-2009, 03:56 PM
bigedmustafa
My Feedback: (2)

Anybody who can assemble and trim their own ARF should have no trouble assembling and configuring their own PC. I usually just hand-select my choice of components from http://www.newegg.com and then put together exactly what I want.