Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

Realflight G4.5 add ons problems

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Realflight G4.5 add ons problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 04:57 AM
laiosto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Realflight G4.5 add ons problems

I recently purchased G4 and used the free upgrade to G4.5.No problem.I then downloaded the free add ons and saved them in cache/data as suggested. No extra planes or fields show up on the menus when running the game. I looked up the Knife Edge web site and checked out the gallery for the add ons.Apart from the Harrier my sim only seems to run the standard G4.5 planes and fields. On launching the game I get a series of error messages beginning with " error opening o:\ scenery disk6\image\rfep.1.dckinfo' 11 messages later the game runs.I've emailed the G4 tech support but they are as useless as **** on a bull. A week later and still no reply. Can anyone offer any help?
Old 05-06-2009, 05:20 AM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Realflight G4.5 add ons problems

The instructions mention unzipping the downloaded files. You didn't mention doing that.

You might wish to delete your previous downloads and start over fresh. http://www.realflight.com/free-g4-add-ons.html
I would do one at a time. In fact, that's what I did originally and had no problems installing with the provided instructions.
The instructions worked for my new Vista/64-bit with the appropriate changes. They worked for my earlier that wasn't 64bit and was XP.

For each file downloaded above:

1. Locate the downloaded addon file on your disk.
2. Unzip the file. If you have Windows XP or Vista, you can just double-click it.
3. Extract the .zip file's contents to "C:\Program Files\RealFlightG4\Data" (assuming you installed G4 in the default location).
4. Now run RealFlight G4 or G4.5 and the Add-Ons content will be available in the aircraft and airport selection dialogs
If you have a 64-bit, the unzipped contents would go to: "C:\Program Files(x86)\RealFlightG4\Data" (assuming you installed G4 in the default location).

In order for either of the possible update scenarios to work, your RealFlight install will have to have been patched.

I can't think of any other possible problems that could be your cause.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:29 AM
laiosto

Thanks for your help.I rechecked the destination I unzipped the downloads to and instead of c:\program files\RealFlight G4\Data I stupidly sent them to c:\ users\Documents\Real Flight G4\Cache\data.Duh! Oh well, like the old saying goes,when all else fails,follow the instructions
Old 06-06-2009, 01:10 PM
BUDMAN27

Your not the only one who made that mistake.