Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

Connecting Futaba Transmitter to Computer via USB help!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Connecting Futaba Transmitter to Computer via USB help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 04:18 PM
KillerTGK
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Connecting Futaba Transmitter to Computer via USB help!

I've recently been looking around the internet at some of the free simulator software's offered, FMS, etc., and am really interested in trying them out especially since Ijust bought a new trainer and have never flown yet! The Futaba radio I have is a 6-8 channel Ibelieve that Ioriginally bought for my top flite cessna 182 project (still in progress, of course...) but I'm still unsure how to connect it to the computer to use as a simulator controller.

I went to my local hobby store and tried to find some cable that would work but they were not to helpful in that respect. What I've come to understand from researching on the internet is that you need a seperate interface box to connect a controller, which looks pretty expensive.

Seems you guys know something Idon't, so I'd really appreciate any insight onto how to connect my controller! Thanks!
Old 06-10-2009, 09:33 PM
dbcisco
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Connecting Futaba Transmitter to Computer via USB help!

All you need is one of the $10 ebay USBsim cables with the correct end (there are two types of Futaba trainer ports, square and round) most come with a variety of ends. I've picked up a couple of these so I can have one at home, one at work and one with the laptop. It will show up as a joystick in windows and you select that joystick in the sim program. FMS is pretty easy to get working. The expensive sims come with their own controllers (as a general rule).