Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

are simluators super easy?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

are simluators super easy?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 03:57 PM
nubzorz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default are simluators super easy?

i have never flown a plane before in my life the closest ive been to flying an rc plane was grand theft auto planes lol but i got a simulator today and i can fly every plane on there easily without crashing and good landings why is this? are simulators very easy compaired to the real thing or am i some freak of nature. im thinking of buying a plane now since the sim just isnt difficult enough. i used to be a very big gamer im thinking this is helping me in my sim learning or somthing.
Old 06-26-2009, 05:34 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts
Default RE: are simluators super easy?

Being a gamer is a huge help.

Simulators are both easier and harder than flying a model. Its easy mentally because there's no money at stake. Tuning and weather are perfect (unless you set it up otherwise)

The simulator is harder simply because you have no peripheral vision which helps a lot.

My students with simulators advance much faster than those without, young people pick it up faster.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:07 PM
carlosponti
My Feedback: (1)

im was a gamer and i am a rc'er who started flying with a trainer took a few weeks where weather was bad and used a simulator the whole time and the next time i went out i soloed. my trainer was impressed enough that when get got the chance he got one too. he started flying heli's and was able to advance with its help and also it helped him feel more confident with his flying as well. i do agree that in some ways its harder. but crashing a simulated plane is way less heartbraking
Old 06-27-2009, 11:29 AM
dbcisco
Banned

Having no depth perception due to a brain impairment. I find the sims help me with orientation in the real world, not just flying. Years ago my doctor had me play video games with a patch over my good eye to help my brain use the weak eye. It really helped!
Old 06-27-2009, 12:10 PM
mmn
My Feedback: (4)

Hi

Couple of things to try. Sims are usually by default set up with no wind, perfect trim, and unfailing mechanics and electrics none of which are real-world. I don't know what sim you have, but in RealFlight you can do things to increase the "real world" experience like:

1) Increase the difficulty level from Beginner to Intermediate or Advanced;

2) Introduce some random flight failures such as engine kill, servo failure, etc;

3) Set the trims all out of whack and trim it in flight;

4) Introduce some wind, change wind direction, gusting, ground turbulence, etc.

These are some things that will more closely mimic real world conditions. Try to adjust the parameters to conditions in your area and practice with that. If you can do that and land correctly and consistently, you'll be closer to trying the real thing with success. But as always, highly recommend a qualified instructor for your first sessions.

Regards
Michael
Old 06-27-2009, 02:09 PM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yes..............

increase the wind and turbulence

Very, very few days at the field see no wind and no turbulence so unless you set them, you're not simulating real world conditions are you
Old 06-27-2009, 08:47 PM
nubzorz

thanks "mmm" that helps im going to try some of that stuff and see how it goes
Old 07-14-2009, 04:14 PM
opjose

Also, go out and catch bugs, A LOT OF THEM, particularly those that bite or sting.

Release them in the room you use for your computer, and then fly the sim with wind and turbulence turned on and all the trims randomly set.

This will begin to approach what you'll experience at the airfield.

Old 07-15-2009, 08:54 AM
carlosponti
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: opjose

Also, go out and catch bugs, A LOT OF THEM, particularly those that bite or sting.

Release them in the room you use for your computer, and then fly the sim with wind and turbulence turned on and all the trims randomly set.

This will begin to approach what you'll experience at the airfield.

ha ha my last outing was like that gnats all buzzing and such around me god it was annoying.
Old 07-31-2009, 04:05 PM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

haha that was good , I would add the family and farmer who approach me at the empty school field and ask me mid flight " is that hard to fly "lol as junior enters the path of the on-coming plane in landing process . Remember I was all alone whan I took off lol .

I think the sims are easier , but the wind and engine failure are good options , my biggest thing I dont see from sims is warbird stalls or snaps .
I know flying my P47 and if I turn at low throttle I will enter a snap , yet with the P51 , very slow , she simply turns and the nose drops lol , no way in hell is a real RC heavy warbird doing that .