Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Who Can Answer It?

Old 06-29-2003, 01:07 AM
PHIL I.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who Can Answer It?

I got a good one that NO one has answered yet!
I have a G2 lite with Tx with interface!It is made by FUTABA. Will it work with any other sim? Like the FMS. There have been a few questions asked but NO answers. With my luck, eventho the Tx is made by FUTABA, It will not work on other sims!!!

PHIL I.
Old 06-30-2003, 05:33 AM
Eric Brouwer

If the interface plugs into the game port, it should work with all software that has joystick suport. However, if it's a printer port interface, it will only work on RealFlight.
Old 06-30-2003, 06:26 PM
PHIL I.

Default input!

Its the USB port on the front of thw tower..
PHIL I.
Old 07-03-2003, 10:34 AM
FlyBoyDavid

Why not just try it in a game. If you have one... I'm going to say it will. The interface bassically just turns your radio into a glorified joystick anyway. And if it's USB. It's more than likely going to work with other sims/games. Worth a try.
Old 07-03-2003, 11:40 AM
Nige

The G2 USB interface works with Aerofly Pro and FMS (the other two sims I have) as it is seen as just another "Game Controller"
Old 07-03-2003, 06:35 PM
PHIL I.

Default THANKS GUYS!

From what I have found SO far is, if a port, serial or parrallel, is used the controller will not work.If the USB is used, it is thought to be a game controller, not an R/C unit.
Am I right? Or dreaming?

PHIL I.
Old 07-03-2003, 06:55 PM
tiggerinmk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Phil,

To answer the general question first: If you have a sim that comes with a serial or parallel Tx lead; generally, that lead will only work with the specific sim.
eg my FMS printer lead only works with FMS, my Easyfly serial lead only works with Easyfly.

I also have the Ripmax RC Sim. This comes with a game port lead and a seperate Windows driver that allows you to use the Tx with any joystick driven game.

Now G2: I've got the USB interlink. When you start the sim, if you haven't got the interface plugged in the software won't start. Hence you have to use the interlink interface, you can't use a different lead.

To answer your question, plug in the interlink controller. After a coulple of seconds the USB light should start flashing. Then go to the control panel and select 'Game Controllers' (or whatever your version of Windows says'). If there is an entry in the game controller window then you should be able to use the interface as a USB joystick....
Old 07-04-2003, 05:56 PM
PHIL I.

Default THANKS ALL.

Thanks all for the returns....It has helped much!!
PHIL I.
Old 07-04-2003, 10:52 PM
tiggerinmk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After my post I felt I had to try it out to see if the G2 controller is listed under 'gaming options'. Yup, it's listed as 'I-controller' and seems to respond to the test ok. I haven't tried it with a sim though (other than G2)...
Old 07-05-2003, 06:53 PM
chris100

The USB interface will work with other stuff. I use mine for FMS, MS Flight sim and even Nascar 2002.
Old 07-06-2003, 06:20 PM
PHIL I.

Default It Worked!!!

I tried it and it worked. I used the joystick option, had to reset which number controles worked what! I have it set for standard 4
channel.
Now to experiment how to set everything else......

PHIL I.
Thanks to ALL for the input guys.......