Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

what video card?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 07:41 PM
cgage2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what video card?

Ive got Real Flight 3.5. I also hace FS One. My computer wont run them nor will it accept a good video card. My computer tech tells me that video cards have gotten real expensive (like $200 or a lot more more). I'm going to buy a decent quality used CPU. What do I need to get in the way of a video card that's affordable? I've been trying to get an affordable sim set up for a long time. I cant afford hundreds for a video card. Any suggestions about what I need? Thanks
Old 12-01-2009, 09:57 PM
dbcisco
Banned

Default RE: what video card?

You should be able to get a decent Video Card that will run those for less than $50. Those sims are not that new. Get the requirements from their site and get a better technician.
Old 12-02-2009, 04:30 AM
Charlie

It would be nice to have a little more info on your computer, you can't just jam any video card in their. Run [link=http://pc-wizard-2009.en.softonic.com/]PC Wizard (it free)[/link], it will tell you exactly what's in your computer (motherboard, CPU, Ram, ect....).

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us55245.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	1324971  
Old 12-02-2009, 08:33 AM
cgage2

actually I'm going to buy a good used cpu based on the specifications of Real flite 3.5. or a cpu capable of fitting the proper video card which my present one isnt. Cant spend $500 for a new computer and more for a card. I can get a good rebuilt cpu for $250. Does anyone know the name/type of video card necessary for Real flite?
Thanks
Old 12-02-2009, 08:50 AM
playntraffic

Try and get a PC with a PCI-Express video card slot. The older AGP cards are getting hard to find.

The Nvidia 7 and 8 series do real well with FSOne and RF4.5. You can get a Nvidia Geforce 8600GT for about $50.

System memory of at least 2gb RAM is a must for the good framerates.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:29 AM
johndou

For just a few dollars more you could get a much more powerful card;

"Pros: Great card for gaming and thanks to lack of 6-pin power connector can be used as replacement for older PCs."

Current price is $99.00 with a $20.00 rebate giving you a final cost of only $79.00

GeForce 9800 GT 1GB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814133304
Old 12-02-2009, 07:11 PM
dbcisco
Banned

Generation 3.5 System Requirements

Minimum:
Allows minimal simulator functionality.

* Windows Vista*, XP*, 2000*, ME, 98
* Intel® Pentium® 1.0 GHz or equivalent
* DirectX® 9 (or above) compatible video and sound card
* 3D accelerated video card with 32 MB (or more) RAM
* 256 MB RAM
* 2 GB hard drive space

Optimum:
Enables complete simulator functionality.

* Intel Pentium 3.0 GHz or equivalent
* 3D accelerated video card with 128 MB (or more) RAM
* 1GB RAM

Multiplayer:

* 56.6 Kbps modem or LAN connection

InterLink Plus Controller:

* USB Port
* Compatible FM or FM-selectable transmitter
Old 12-02-2009, 07:13 PM
dbcisco
Banned

FS-One

Minimum System requirements:
Operating System: Windows XP or Windows 2000
Processor: 1.8 GHz Intel Pentium IV or AMD Athlon XP 2500
Memory: 512 MB RAM
Hard Disk Drive Space Available: 4 GB
Video/Graphics: NVIDIA or ATI graphics card with 64 MB VRAM
NVIDIA: GeForce Ti, GeForce 5000-series (5200 or better)
ATI: Radeon 9000-series (9200 or better)

Recommended:

Processor: 2.8 GHz Intel Pentium IV or better
Memory: 1 GB RAM
Hard Disk Drive Space Available: 4 GB
Video/Graphics: NVIDIA or ATI graphics card with at least 128 MB VRAM.
NVIDIA: GeForce 6000-series or 7000-series (6600 or better)
ATI: Radeon X-series (X600 or better)
Old 12-02-2009, 07:16 PM
dbcisco
Banned

If you want to upgrade G3.5 to G5 that is about $89 and requires the following:

RealFlight G5

Minimum Recommended System:

Some graphical features may be disabled. Aerodynamic calculations will remain high quality.
Windows* XP, Windows* Vista® or Windows* 7
*Local administrator access required.
Intel® Pentium® 1.0GHz or equivalent
512 MB RAM
4 GB Hard Drive Space
DVD Drive
3D Accelerated Video with: 32 MB Dedicated Video Memory Full Windows DirectX® 9 compliant (Pixel Shader 1.4 support)

Optimal System:

For best graphical performance
Dual Core 2.4GHz CPU
2 GB RAM
3D Accelerated Video with: 512 MB dedicated video memory Pixel Shader 3.0 support

Multiplayer Requirements:

Broadband Internet connection
Computer microphone for voice chat
InterLink Elite Controller:
USB Port
Compatible FM or FM-selectable transmitter (if using the interface mode)

Note: The connectors on the InterLink Elite cord and included adapters make the InterLink Elite compatible with the trainer jack on most Futaba® and all JR®, Spektrum® and Tower Hobbies® systems. Special adapters for use with most older Futaba and Hitec® systems are available separately.

Activation Required

Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:21 PM
dbcisco
Banned

If you are not planning on upgrading, then a video card better than what FS-One suggests for best video performance is a waste, spend it on more memory or a faster CPU.

"Video/Graphics: NVIDIA or ATI graphics card with at least 128 MB VRAM.
NVIDIA: GeForce 6000-series or 7000-series (6600 or better)
ATI: Radeon X-series (X600 or better)"
Old 12-03-2009, 01:28 AM
johndou

Don't mean to steal the thread but I just noticed that under the requirements for G5 - Multiplayer - it lists the "InterLink Elite Controller". Yet, those upgrading from G3.X have the "InterLink Plus Controller". Does that mean that people upgrading from G3.X aren't able to use the Multiplayer portion of the program?

Do you know dbcisco? Anyone?
Old 12-03-2009, 01:50 AM
dbcisco
Banned

I would post the question at knifeedge forums if they didn't ban me and my school district for not liking G4.5.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:35 AM
dbcisco
Banned

Contact Knife Edge or Realflight about the controller with multiplayer.
BTW, DaRock: PMing me when you have blocked my PMs is not an intelligent way to tell me you delted my post.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:25 PM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: dbcisco

BTW, DaRock: PMing me when you have blocked my PMs is not an intelligent way to tell me you delted my post.

If anyone at RCU blocked your posts, it was someone in higher authority, not me. RCU seldom blocks a member from receiving pm's.

OK,
your post was deleted as the info that you're banned on other websites has nothing whatsoever to do with any RCU forum topics.

And you say you're not getting pm's but you know who just sent you one and it's content?
Old 12-03-2009, 01:52 PM
johndou

Just a note to let you know that I contacted RealFlight about the InterLink Elite vs. the InterLink Plus Controller issue - they responded within minutes! Unfortunately because the email is quite specific in stating that the message is personal and confidential and copying in whole or part is not permitted I won't be able to tell you what they said.
Old 12-03-2009, 04:18 PM
dbcisco
Banned

I got an email saying you deleted a post of mine with a link to my PM which is blocked. Why do you seem to twist everything I write? This is why I assumed you were responsible. I have no problems with any other mod here. And how is relating my experience about RF in a thread about an RF product deletable? Hide the truth? Showing the type of company they are is not on-topic?
I would have PMed you but it is blocked at your end.

ORIGINAL: da Rock

ORIGINAL: dbcisco

If anyone at RCU blocked your posts, it was someone in higher authority, not me. RCU seldom blocks a member from receiving pm's.

OK,
your post was deleted as your status on other forums has nothing whatsoever to do with any RCU forum topics.

And you say you're not getting pm's but you know who just sent you one and it's content?
I got an email saying you deleted a post of mine with a link to my PM which is blocked.
Old 12-03-2009, 05:42 PM
cgage2

Thanks everyone for your help. To sum up, if I get the card on the link below and a cpu with a PCI E video card slot, then I can run either Realflite g3 or FS One. Right?
Old 12-03-2009, 08:54 PM
da Rock

ORIGINAL: johndou

Just a note to let you know that I contacted RealFlight about the InterLink Elite vs. the InterLink Plus Controller issue - they responded within minutes! Unfortunately because the email is quite specific in stating that the message is personal and confidential and copying in whole or part is not permitted I won't be able to tell you what they said.

I just emailed realflight support and got a one line response to my question about the use of the Plus controller:

Interlink plus will work with RealFlight G5 software.

Nothing about personal or confidential so there it is.

Old 12-03-2009, 10:49 PM
dbcisco
Banned

ORIGINAL: cgage2

Thanks everyone for your help. To sum up, if I get the card on the link below and a cpu with a PCI E video card slot, then I can run either Realflite g3 or FS One. Right?
If you meet the other requirements it should work fine.
Old 12-04-2009, 01:26 AM
johndou

ORIGINAL: da Rock

I just emailed realflight support and got a one line response to my question about the use of the Plus controller:

Interlink plus will work with RealFlight G5 software.

Nothing about personal or confidential so there it is.

That's interesting that they would want to restrict my ability to divulge the information that they sent me and not ask the same of you?

Here's what they sent me, as you can see they asked for the information not to be "copied" - I must've misunderstood;

Thank you for your recent email.

You will be able to run your RealFlight G5 with the Interlink Plus controller. You do not need the RealFlight Interlink Elite controller.

PLEASE REMEMBER to attach all previous correspondence (and dxdiag information if previously requested) with our responses to any follow up e-mail you may send. This will allow us to better track our attempts to troubleshoot your problem. Unfortunately, due to the volume of e-mail we receive, WE ARE UNABLE TO SAVE OR REMEMBER E-MAIL MESSAGES ONCE WE HAVE SENT A RESPONSE.

You can also reach our product support technical team at 217-398-8970 during our regular business hours Monday through Friday 8am to 7pm Central time. Be sure to have your computer specifications and serial number for your software available at the time of your call.

Sincerely,

Nate T
Product Support
Great Planes Model Distributors

www.gpsoftware.com
www.realflight.com

This email is personal and confidential. It may not be copied in part or in whole other than in a reply to the sender. Copying this email to other emails or public forums is not permitted.
NO AUTORESPONDER
PS9016
Old 12-04-2009, 08:49 AM
dbcisco
Banned

That statement is used by lots of companies because they think it protects them from their emails being used as evidence. All it actually tells anyone is that they know nothing about law. The statement actually means nothing and can be ignored.
It is as if someone left a death threat on your answering machine and ended the message with a copyright notice. As if the court would throw it out or the criminal can sue you for sharing the threat with the police (or anyone else).

"This post is protected under international copyright agreements. Responding to, altering, deleting or modifying it is subject to investigation by the FBI and/or Interpol. Penalties may include upto five years imprisonment and $50,000 fines." (c) dbcisco,2009
There, that'll work.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:23 AM
da Rock

Must have forgotten to append it, but anything you know can be stated in your own words no matter how you learned it. And of course, that's basically what I did.

They're a helpful bunch and I'm sure they aren't going to call the internet police on us for helping spread useful information that helps others enjoy the product.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:57 AM
johndou

Sorry - that's my sense of humor again - I thought the answer to the question would have been obvious. I think it's funny as h^** that RealFlight would answer a customers inquirey and then, in essence, tell them not to tell anyone else. Yes, the statement is ridiculous. But, it's even more ridiculous attached to a company response about their product. Apparently RealFlight Product Support thinks that the general public is pretty gullible.

Sorry again that I stole this thread ... it wasn't my intention.
Old 12-04-2009, 05:30 PM
cgage2

ORIGINAL: johndou

For just a few dollars more you could get a much more powerful card;

''Pros: Great card for gaming and thanks to lack of 6-pin power connector can be used as replacement for older PCs.''

Current price is $99.00 with a $20.00 rebate giving you a final cost of only $79.00

GeForce 9800 GT 1GB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
Thanks for your help. Probably go with this one. Would it support the Real flite G5 version? Or upgrade since I already have G3.5
Old 12-04-2009, 07:07 PM
cgage2

I was fooling around with my old computer and found that it will run one plane (Alpha 40) on FS One. No others. Its real jumpy. So much so that's it's not much use. However, if the Alpha could be made to work, then I'd have something to use for now. Possible that some more memory sticks? Something easy and cheap?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.