Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Which Sim?

Old 07-08-2003, 06:19 PM
Beagle3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Sim?

A good friend of mine gave my sons (10 and 12) some old trainers. One has an OS 25 the other a Fox 40. They are working this summer and saving their money. I told them if they would raise 1/2 the money I would put in the rest to get them flying. I've rebuilt the engines. They run great on the ground. Need electronics.

They need a Simulator to play with before going to the field. (I have a 50 acre flat pasture).

But where do we start. They go from free to expensive and I have heard of cables purchased that do not work.

What is the best plan?
Old 07-08-2003, 06:49 PM
uagrad90

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Sim?

Well I am far far from a experienced pilot and I have just begun the learnign process, but I have tried FMS, RC Masters and G2. There are others but I did not try them but it was not because of the programs or anything I found what I wanted and I stopped looking. But I used FMS for a week or two with a joystick and when I made my first flying attempt with an instructor it felt like I had been doing this for a long time. I like G2 and I am just getting started learning what it can do. Is it the best, I am not qualified to say. But I think any quality simualtor out there will acheive the goal of fine tunning your skills. So to get started right now you can always download fms and use a joystick while you research and decide which sim (G2, Reflex, Areo, RC Masters) is best for you.