Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

Help....can't get my Real Flight G2 Gen. 2 to work

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Help....can't get my Real Flight G2 Gen. 2 to work

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2003, 10:59 PM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Help....can't get my Real Flight G2 Gen. 2 to work

I just received my new Real Flight G2 Simulator and have loaded on the software on my Windows 98 system, connected the controller into my USB port, but the amber light will not blink. I have tried all the USB ports which work, but still no go.

The Real Flight G2 symbol is displayed on my start up screen, but double clicking on it does nothing. Going into programs and clicking on item Real Flight G2 gets me to a blank page that says in the top left corner:
General
Use Metric = No

Why am I doing wrong. Hope someone can help me.....thanks
Old 07-12-2003, 01:51 PM
ZeroZeroCharlie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Karolh,

I just loaded the same program on my Windows 98 system. At first the yellow light didn't blink but the program prompted me to put in the Windows CD so it could install a driver. Once that happened the sucker started blinking.

If this doesn't help, and if you don't find someone at this site who can help, you might try posting your question on the Knifeedge site:

http://knifeedge.infopop.net/2/OpenTopic

In addition to many helpful participants there are also folks from RealFlight who often respond to the cries for help that are posted there.

I gather that Knife Edge is a company that is related to RealFlight, but I'm not sure.

Good Luck,
ZZC
Old 07-13-2003, 03:38 AM
Trucker-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It sound like windows isn't seeing your controller when you plug it in. It should have given you a msg of new hardware found and install the drivers for the controller. Go to Start the Settings then contol panel and open Install new hardware and have windows search for the controller and follow prompts. G2 won't run until the controller is installed properly, so until you get your computer to recognize the controller G2 won't open.
Old 07-15-2003, 03:53 PM
karolh

Thanks guys for you assistance, but just my luck my system is on the blink, but should be up and running quite soon . Will keep you posted on my progress.
Old 07-23-2003, 05:19 PM
karolh

At last I've got my RF G2 working. I got the latest Windows 98 upgrade and some additional memory and then all was well. It's just like having a flying field at home. I plan on getting a better quality Video card to enhance the system further.