Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

Flaky Transmitter on PC

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Flaky Transmitter on PC

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 04:34 PM
chayos00

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flaky Transmitter on PC

Hey guys I need some help. Since I have a hard time getting to a field nearby I wanted to try using a simulator on my PC. The problem is that when looking at the calibration data, all my axis's and buttons are randomly all over the place. Occasionally they will work but only for a moment. I'm using a GWS USB adapter, MN: GWFSM002 with my Futaba T7C 2.4GHz radio. I've tried this from all USB ports on my PC, my lipo battery to my nicad. It just doesn't work, except for a moment of clarity.

I've tried this on a few different installs of window's (yeah I'm a computer SMART guy ie nerd lol). THe only thing I haven't tried is on another PC, since I don't have one.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:42 AM
johndou

Default RE: Flaky Transmitter on PC

You didn't mention what sim you were using. Several sims will not work properly unless your transmitter is in the PPM mode. Turn to page 28 of your transmitter manual for instruction on how to switch the Futaba 7C to PPM mode. Let me know if that fixes your problem.
Old 02-15-2010, 01:38 PM
chayos00

So I've looked at the manual again, and it doesn't show any way to change the transmitter over to PPM mode. The manual mentions it's supposed to be on pg 28 but it says nothing of the sort about changing it's modes.

I'm attempting to use clearview flight sim. from http://rcflightsim.com/

Now when my transmitter is being flaky, it doesn't just do it with a certain Sim, a few months ago I tried several demo's and they all did the same thing. I can see the transmitter being funny using the windows Game Controller setup.

Thank you for your help so far.

I would buy a flight simulator that was better if I could get my controller to behave, but would hate to waste the money if I couldn't even get it to work right!
Old 02-15-2010, 01:45 PM
dbcisco
Banned

PPM is set from the PARAMETER submenu: modulation
Old 02-15-2010, 01:49 PM
chayos00

ORIGINAL: dbcisco

PPM is set from the PARAMETER submenu: modulation

I wish I could say that my transmitter show's that option.

All I see is Reset, Type, CH5, & CH7. No modulation.

Now I don't know if it is because I have the 2.4GHz radio or not, or is there a way to change my radio over to an advanced mode like my 3PK?
Old 02-15-2010, 03:00 PM
dbcisco
Banned

What is under "type" ?
Old 02-15-2010, 03:51 PM
chayos00

Type: Acro, H-1, H-2, HR3, HN3, H-3, HE3

The manual says this is Model Type. I have it set to ACRO, since I'm using planes.

Again I've flipped through all the settings, and I see nothing under the "modulation" type. Could it be since my radio came as a 2.4GHz radio and was never a crystal system, that would be the reason why it doesn't show the modulation. I recall that for my RC Car, I have seen the Modulation with the 3PK.
Old 02-15-2010, 05:14 PM
dbcisco
Banned

That might be it. I don't have any 2.4Ghz stuff. Guess this is another reason for me to keep my FM stuff.
You could get a cheap used FM TX for sim use.
Old 02-15-2010, 09:22 PM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I believe that 2.4 TXs have no need for a communications protocol like PPM and don't offer a setting for that.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:16 PM
johndou

I don't own the 7C but Futaba offers the manual online. Briefly reading through the 7C manual I found this;

PARAMETER submenu: Sets specific parameters. Includes reset, type, modulation, CH5, and CH7 . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . .28

Yet, reading through this section there is nothing about "modulation". The manual also indicates that for the transmitter to be used in Training Mode the transmitter MUST be set to PPM Modulation (pg. 37). Yet, again I see no instructions on how to do this. I would suggest that you go to the "Radio" section of the Forums on this site but apparently there isn't one ... You may need to call Futaba's Tech Support to resolve your issue.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:56 PM
da Rock

There is a manual for the 7C-2.4 specifically. Unfortunately, it appears to have as little in it about PPM as the FM transmitter's manual.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:06 PM
da Rock

There is a direct support forum here on RCU for Futaba. It has some restrictions so I simply asked for help there instead of moving this one over there.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_125/tt.htm
Old 02-16-2010, 08:33 PM
dbcisco
Banned

Thanks DaRock. This is a real puzzler.
Old 03-05-2010, 09:57 PM
chayos00

I just remembered about his post, thanks guys for continuing to look into this subject for me. I just read the other post, I was questioning the trainer cord too, sometimes it has it's moments of clarity before it stops working, so I dunno. Does anyone know where I can buy just the USB to transmitter cord?
Old 03-06-2010, 12:08 AM
dbcisco
Banned

The USB TX cables are available on ebay for under $10. I got a few from "Tom'sRC" there. You need to specify the type of TX you have on some of the sellers, others come with an assortment of connectors.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:16 AM
chayos00

[link=http://shop.tomsrc.com/product_info.php?cPath=72_73&products_id=263]RC Sim Fut 7C 9C 6EXA 4YF FF9 FF7 4TH POWER EDITION[/link]

How would the powered plug work, good item? This would save me from waiting to charge a batter. Yes I do have the square micro plug.