Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Real Flight trouble

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2002, 07:55 PM
bugsquawsher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Real Flight trouble

I tried for over ten hours to get this to work.
Now they say send it in and we'll send you the new G2
Now My radio is in the shop and My Game is in the shop
This sucks
Sorry
had to vent.
Old 04-04-2002, 09:20 PM
nedyob
My Feedback: (67)

Default MAYBE IN YOURS BUT NOT MINE......

HELLO AGAIN BUGSY,
FIRST BEFORE YOU BLAME REALFLIGHT.YOU MIGHT NEED A NEWER VERSION SOUD CARD OR VIDEO CARD.
CHECK INTO A NVIDIA BRAND.
SECOND, CALL GREAT PLANES AND TALK WITH THEM ABOUT THE PROBLEMS YOU'VE BEEN HAVING OVER THE LAST TEN YEAR.
THIRDLY,IF GREATPLANES TELLS YOU TO SEND IN YOUR OLD RF DISC FOR A NEWER VERSION.MOST LIKELY THEY TOLD YOU TO DO IT SO IT WOULD RUN BETTER,AND MOST LIKELY WON'T CHARGE YOU A DIME FOR THE UP DATED VERSION OF G2.
AND LAST BOT NOT LEAST, GET AHOLD OF ANNMERIE CROSS HER ON RCU, SHE IS VERY KNOLEDGEALE IN THE RF & G2 SIM AND ALSO OTHER THINGS AS WELL.SHE IS ALSO VERY HELPFULL TO ALL ON US HER ON RCU.
IF EVERYTHING IS IN THE SHOP AS YOU SAY.ITS WITHDRAWS YOUR GOING THROUGH AND YES THAT SUCKS AND A PAIN IN THE *****.BEEN THERE DONE THAT.
NEDYOB
Old 04-04-2002, 10:13 PM
Daleroger
My Feedback: (39)

You need a video card with at least 16 mb, and you need 64 mb or ram. The video card I used cost $49 ( ATI EXPERT 128 ) and I got 128 mb of ram for $29, at Staples. Now it works great. I also spent 10 hours trying to install , before these updates. Keep working on it, it's worth it.
Old 04-05-2002, 12:15 AM
bugsquawsher

Ok
I'm in a bit of a better mood now
I sent FS and G2 upgrade back for the new Full version of G2
Still got the DT's though
I looked at my home puter and this is what I found in it

The Video is an Intel 82810E w/32 meg of video mem.
the computor is a 900 Mhz Pentium III with 126 M of Ram
It came with Window ME
I put XP on here For some stupid reason.
I just down loaded new video driver and installed it.
It might have worked now
But oh well its gone for a few days
I also picked up the wrong box. the one where you have to use your own transmitter.
I wanted the one with the futaba Box in it.
We'll see in about a week I guess.
Thanks for yalls input
Tom
Old 04-05-2002, 12:32 AM
nedyob

Default RE: IN NEED OF RF FUTABA TRANSMITTER

HI TOM,
GLADE TO HEAR YOU IN A BETTER MOOD.I WAS GOING TO SICK AMCROSS ON YOU.
I HAVE A RF FUTABA TRANSMITTER IF YOU NEED ONE. I'VE GOT THE NEW INTERLINK AND DON'T NEED MY OLD ONE ANYMORE. SHOOT ME A PRICE AND I'LL PAY SHIPPING.
I'VE GOT A INTERFACE CABLE TOO IF ANYONES INTERESTED.
NEDYOB
Old 04-05-2002, 12:39 AM
bugsquawsher

Thanks But
The guys at RealFlight are sendin me the G2 full version with the transmitter. FREE!!!!
I will say this
the customer service is Top Knotch
and who is Amcross? Not a moderator
I better watch myself Huh HAHAHAH
Tom
Old 04-05-2002, 12:41 AM
bugsquawsher

Oh yea
I only worked on it for Ten hours Not ten years HAHAHAHAH
I love typos
Old 04-05-2002, 12:47 AM
flatfour
My Feedback: (8)

The Intel video chips are as about as far from 3D high performance as you can get. You PC has the Intel 810 chipset for the core logic. The video chip happens to be bundled in with the rest of the functions (HD controller, memory controller, etc.) The video portion of this chipset "borrows" its memory from the system RAM. It only has 4 MB of dedicated video memory.

http://developer.intel.com/design/chipsets/810/

If you plan to use 3D software (games, flight sims)
do yourself a favor and get a true 3D video card. Before you do this, you need to determine if your PC has an AGP slot. 99% of 3D cards have an AGP interface. If you only have a PCI slot available, about the best you can do is get a card based on the nVidia TNT2 chip. If you have AGP, find a card based on the nVidia GeForce chip series. The actual brand is not terribly important. All manufacturers basically build the nVidia reference design. There are many variants of this chip. (way too many to talk about here) I have a GeForce3 Ti200. I suggest some reviews on hardware sites.

http://www.tomshardware.com
http://www.tweak3d.net

Hope this has helped.
Old 04-05-2002, 07:36 PM
Turbulence
My Feedback: (76)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default NEDYOB

Eamil me if you still got the spare controler. I have the interface and the new interlink but would like to get a controller to give to the kids so they don't use a real TX

Turbulence
Old 04-07-2002, 03:32 PM
George in TX

Default Bugs and Ned, what kind of symptoms were you getting

after you loaded G2? I just got my new G2 with the USB box and when I loaded the program up and ran it, all I got was a black screen. I could see a mustang and a heli just before it went black, maybe 10 to 15 sec at most. I went through all the help suggestions to no avail and then called up Realflight support. The tech had me try a couple of things, but still an all black screen. She finally told me to try downloading any possible newer video drivers from my computer vendors site, which I had already tried without success. Then she suggested I get a new video graphics card, which I had already ordered, but had not received yet. I suppose when my new video card gets here it will finally work. Oh yeah, even though the screen is black, I can hear music and planes flying and crashing. When I hear an engine running at what sounds like idle speed and advance the throttle stick on the box, I can hear the engine rev up. Just wondered if what you guys experienced was the same?
Old 04-07-2002, 09:41 PM
Elwood
My Feedback: (2)

What is the current card, and what are you going to?
Old 04-07-2002, 10:13 PM
nedyob

Default RE:G2 Trouble

Hello Geroge,Elwood & all new G2 inerlink owners,
Only problems I've have with the G2 interlink was I got a fatal error on somethings previously installed on add on vol.3 and I cant get into my control pannel after I down loaded the new G2 interlink.It deleated some of the add on stuff on a rc field I created,but all the planes are still there and work fine so far. I did up date my drivers for sound & video cards. I think I may have to go and have my Windows 98 reinstalled.
My G2 interlink runs fine, no black screens so far.Mybe this is a delema for AMCROSS to tackel.
Good luck and hope you get your G2 up and running soon.
NEDYOB
Just wemt back and re edited my field and everthing worked ok. still cant get into my contol pannel. fatal error still showes up.
Old 04-07-2002, 10:40 PM
George in TX

Default Video grapics board

Hello Elwood, I don't have a separate video card now, only the SiS 530 based integrated video on the motherboard of my Compaq computer. The board I have ordered is a PNY Verto Geforce2 MX-400 64MB ****m PCI graphics board, which the tech at RealFlight assured me would solve all my problems. She said they don't have very many problems with any of the Geforce graphic cards. My CPU is a 450mhz AMD K-6 and I have 384mb of RAM, so I think when I get my new graphics board everything should work all OK. It should be here Monday for sure!

Hi Nedyob, I wanted to try to download any upgrades they might have on the RealFlight site, but I couldn't even access the RF control panel since all I get is a black screen. It really is aggravating to have that much $$$ tied up in something that just won't even display on my monitor. BTW, I also bought all the current add-ons 1,2, and 3. I was also hoping Mrs. Cross would drop in on this string and give us a little information about our problems.
Old 04-07-2002, 10:55 PM
Elwood
My Feedback: (2)

George,

Sounds like good advice RF Support gave you. I went with the GeForce3 Ti 200.
Old 04-07-2002, 11:20 PM
bugsquawsher

Don't know that I would be much help
I still haven't got my New full version of G2 back
should be , I hope By wednsday.
I'm runnin XP so that is most of my problem alone with the video card
I have an all new Putor now
We'll see this week
I may be back on here Cryin and complainin
Tom